Web & Digital Content Coordinator
Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for a full time Web & Digital Content Coordinator to join our Student Success Services team!
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. (See: http://www.rrcc.edu/diversity) We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Connect daily and make a difference in the lives of thousands of students working to earn an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or a Master’s degree at Red Rocks Community College (RRCC). RRCC has two campuses: our main campus in Lakewood, Colorado and our newly expanded campus in Arvada, Colorado. Red Rocks is Colorado’s premier community college and the fourth largest in the state, serving over 15,000 students each year. RRCC is the first community college in the nation to offer a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies and the first in Colorado to offer a Bachelor’s degree in Water Quality Management.
Position Summary: The Web and Digital Content Coordinator provides content strategy and designs, maintains, and upgrades the College’s web pages and portal (The Rock) and works with College staff and departments to coordinate site content and ensure compliance and suitability.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (A combination of education and professional experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis)
- Two years’ experience developing Web site information, managing architecture, and writing for the web
- One-year experience interfacing with web server technologies in a College and/or non-profit setting
- Experience implementing accessibility requirements
- One year CMS and development experience
- Multimedia/web Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience interfacing with large, sophisticated websites and migration of websites between systems
- Training experience
- Membership in or experience working in diverse communities and supporting the success of students and staff from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in the College
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficient with HTML, CSS, CMS development and implementation along with related web platforms and technologies
- Proficient with Adobe Design Suite
- Working knowledge of online forms
- Conversant with the requirements with both Mac and PC environments
- Excellent communication skills and customer relations, ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Ability to work with diverse populations
Design, develop, upgrade and maintain college website and portal (The Rock). Coordinate with departments to ensure content is correct and consistently updated: review accuracy of the photos and graphics utilized to represent the college; writes, designs, and produces content and necessary coding for Search Engine, social media and email marketing and other programs used for online recruitment; upkeeps and researches new marketing tools used by the college.
Responsible for establishing and maintaining compliance of the RRCC website with accessibility standards, and trains CMS content editors to create compliant content.
Track performance of website through web analytics tools, and manages resources needed to improve traffic; works to incorporate content that improves SEO; provides consultation and assistance to college employees on projects that involve web applications or online content.
Perform regular updates of the online schedule and annual catalog, and other interactive components.
Provide one-on-one advising and, as applicable, facilitating groups and meetings on promotional and informational content, issues, and use of Web applications to enable the updating of departmental websites that are consistent with the College’s branding and image.
Maintain currency with best practices and latest trends in Web design and online marketing. Assess needs and recommends the outsourcing of talent and services for the development of Web applications. Determines effectiveness of products and technologies used.
Starting salary: $46,246/annual
To Apply – Complete applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday November 25, 2018. To apply for this position, please click the button below and complete an application including the following:
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position
- A resume
- Contact information (email and phone number) for three references will be asked for in the application.
- Applications must be submitted electronically through Red Rocks Community College employment online: http://jobs.rrcc.edu
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at: http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report please contact 303.914.6494.