Variable Hour - Personal Trainer - Student Recreation Center - RRCC
Variable Hour – Personal Trainer
Red Rocks Community College, Lakewood, Colorado
$27.03 per hour – Maximum 28 hours per week.
The Variable Hour Personal Trainer (Personal Training Leader) is responsible for creating, developing, and planning appropriate and specific exercise programs, fitness assessments, learning workshops, in addition to, operating small group training workshops for all FIT-WELL personal training clientele at the Student Recreation Center. The position is also responsible for assisting the Fitness Coordinator with training and professional development for student personal trainers.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds;
- Able to bend, squat, and lift items from the floor and or from high shelves;
- Able to clean and dust fitness machines and areas of the facility from a bended position and or on hands and knees (i.e. cleaning of cubbies, under treadmills, etc.) for an extended timeframe;
- Fully participate in team physical training programs/events.
- Personal Trainers are expected to conduct one-on-one sessions, buddy sessions, small group training sessions, and other special events (i.e. tabling, body composition testing, etc.);
- Expected to show up before training session(s) for prep and stay after the training session(s) to clean up and return equipment;
- Must maintain client(s) confidentiality and maintain accurate training health records in a secured file cabinet in a locked room (Suite 4205) at the SRC;
- Must keep all client(s) safety as first priority of training session(s);
- Must be available to work some weekends for training and or for client(s) that request training over the weekend;
- Develop current knowledge and abilities through continuing education opportunities and through attendance to all staff meetings and professional development trainings;
- Responsible for periodic cleaning and inspection of the fitness floor machines and equipment prior to client usage (including equipment from the service desk);
- May be asked to participate in floor hours/tabling sessions for marketing program;
- Ability to remain patient and calm in all situations and handle and resolve conflict in a timely and orderly manner (i.e. performing CPR on a client, etc.).
-Must hold a current, nationally recognized personal trainer certification recognized by the NCCA to be considered for this position (i.e. ACSM, ACE, NPTI, NASM, NSCA, Cooper Institute, etc.);
-Must be certified in lay responder Adult First Aid, CPR, and AED training (in-person training) or be willing to obtain the certification within 30 days of hire (SRC can provide).
Minimum Competencies: Excellent customer service and communication skills, including the ability to motivate others. Ability to work with a wide array of populations and/or conditions. Experience with creating exercise prescription/program designs for client populations (i.e. youth, athletic, disabilities, etc.)
-Over 2 years of documented personal training experience in a college/university and or corporate fitness settings.
-Earned an advanced degree (i.e. Associates, Bachelors, and or Masters) in health, fitness, nutrition, exercise science, or related field.
Click the link below to apply for this position!
A cover letter and current resume are required at as part of the application.
Your application will not be accepted if the items stated above are not included in your application.
This position will close on August 16, 2019.
Please contact the Fitness Coordinator, Bre’una Keeton at email@example.com or 303.914.6477 with questions about this position.
About Red Rocks Community College
Located at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Lakewood, Colorado, Red Rocks Community College offers more than 150 programs and 650 courses leading to two-year degrees or professional certificates.
Red Rocks has campuses in Lakewood and Arvada. Courses are delivered in formats from traditional classroom to online to self-paced and weekend classes.
Since 1969, Red Rocks Community College has delivered quality education to an eclectic mix of students of all ages, incomes and backgrounds. For many of our 15,000 annual students, Red Rocks is the convenient community college just down the street. For others, a Red Rocks program or course is worth traveling halfway around the world.
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and/or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Red Rocks Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and/or participation in vocational education programs.
RRCC has designated Arnie Oudenhoven as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. Report all concerns or complaints relating to discrimination or harassment to the Title IX/EO Coordinator(s). For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven Executive Director, HR, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. Phone 303.914.6298, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources/Deputy Title IX Coordinator, 303.914.6224 email@example.com. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228.
You may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 844-3417.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College Security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report, please contact 303.914.6494.