Variable Hour - Part Time Group Fitness Leader - Red Rocks Community College
Variable Hour – Group Fitness Leader
Red Rocks Community College, Lakewood, Colorado
$20.00 per hour – Maximum 28 hours per week.
Responsibilities include safe and effective instruction of group exercise classes to participants with varying fitness levels. All qualified candidates must successfully complete an interview and audition. The SRC is seeking experienced leaders for the following classes: yoga, Pilates, Zumba, cycle/spin, cardio kickboxing, boot camps, etc. Please indicate in the application where you specialize.
- Instructors/leaders must maintain current fitness knowledge through continuing education and attendance at monthly team meetings and trainings
- Instructors/leaders must show up 10 minutes before class for set up and stay 5 minutes after class for breakdown
- Leaders must hold a certification (i.e. group fitness certification, Spin, Zumba, Pilates, etc.) recognized by the NCCA to be considered for this position.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Cooperative spirit in working with peers, supervisors, clients and guests;
- Ability to remain patient and calm in all situations and handle and resolve conflict in a timely and orderly manner.
- Must be certified in CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED and Standard First Aid or be willing to obtain the certification within 30 days of hire
- Previous knowledge/education and background in health, wellness and/or exercise science is strongly preferred but not required.
- To be considered for this position, a minimum of 2 years of teaching experience in a College/University or Fitness Center setting is required
- Must work a minimum of 2 classes per week.
Minimum Qualifications: Group Fitness or Fitness Specialty certification. CPR & AED Certified. 2 years of teaching experience.
Minimum Competencies: Excellent customer service and communication skills, including the ability to motivate others. Ability to work with a wide array of populations and/or conditions.
Preferred Qualifications: Over 2 years of teaching experience in a College/University or Fitness Center setting(s). Experience hosting large (100+ participants) group fitness events such as Zumba-thon, etc.
Click the link below to apply!
For questions about this position please email The Fitness Coordinator, Bre’una Keeton, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application will not be accepted without a resume and cover letter attached.
About Red Rocks Community College
Located at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Lakewood, Colorado, Red Rocks Community College offers more than 150 programs and 650 courses leading to two-year degrees or professional certificates.
Red Rocks has campuses in Lakewood and Arvada. Courses are delivered in formats from traditional classroom to online to self-paced and weekend classes.
Since 1969, Red Rocks Community College has delivered quality education to an eclectic mix of students of all ages, incomes and backgrounds. For many of our 15,000 annual students, Red Rocks is the convenient community college just down the street. For others, a Red Rocks program or course is worth traveling halfway around the world.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact the Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
Effective July 1, 2003, it is Red Rocks Community College procedure to conduct pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.