Variable Hour - Group Fitness Leader - Student Rec Center - Fall 2019
Red Rocks Community College is seeking a Group Fitness Leader!
Red Rocks Community College, Lakewood, Colorado
$27.03 per hour – Maximum 28 hours per week.
The Variable Hour Group Fitness Leader (Instructor) is responsible for providing safe and effective fitness instruction to group settings with participants that represent varying fitness backgrounds and levels. The Group Fitness Leader is also responsible for ensuring that fitness equipment for classes are clean, sanitized, and free of any problems that could cause injury to participants or instructors.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds;
- Able to bend, squat, and lift items from the floor and or from high shelves;
- Able to clean and dust fitness machines and areas of the facility from a bended position and or on hands and knees (i.e. cleaning of cubbies, under treadmills, etc.) for an extended timeframe;
- Fully participate in team physical training programs/events.
- Group Fitness Instructors are expected to conduct weekly group fitness classes based on a semester, permanent schedule, for at least 30-60 minute sessions;
- Expected to show up before fitness session(s) for prep and stay after the training session(s) to clean up and return equipment;
- Responsible for periodic cleaning of group fitness equipment and studios;
- Must keep all client(s) safety as first priority of session(s) by providing modifications when necessary;
- May be asked to work special events (i.e. Spa Night, Yoga-Hike, pop-up classes, etc.) where group fitness classes are needed;
- Develop current knowledge and abilities through continuing education opportunities and through attendance to all staff meetings and professional development trainings;
- May be asked to participate in floor hours/tabling sessions for marketing program;
- Ability to remain patient and calm in all situations and handle and resolve conflict in a timely and orderly manner (i.e. performing CPR on a client, etc.);
- May be asked to assist in student staff development opportunities and serve as liaison for SRC FIT-WELL Group Fitness programs;
- Must teach group fitness classes at both the Lakewood and Arvada campuses.
- Must hold a current, nationally recognized group fitness certification recognized by the NCCA (i.e. ACSM, ACE, NPTI, NASM, NSCA, Cooper Institute, etc.) OR a recognized specialty certification (i.e. Zumba, LesMills, Yoga Alliance, etc.) to be considered for this position;
- Must be certified in lay responder Adult First Aid, CPR, and AED training (in-person training) or be willing to obtain the certification within 30 days of hire (SRC can provide);
- Must teach 3-4 classes per week, per semester (fall and spring).
Excellent customer service and communication skills, including the ability to motivate others. Ability to work with a wide array of populations and/or conditions. Experience with creating & implementing group exercise classes for diverse populations (i.e. youth, athletic, disabilities, etc.).
- Over 3 years of documented group fitness experience in a college/university and or corporate fitness settings.
- Experience hosting large (300+ instructing hours) group fitness events such as Zumba-thon, etc.
- Earned an advanced degree (i.e. Associates, Bachelors, and or Masters) in health, fitness, nutrition, exercise science, or related field.
This position will close on August 16, 2019.
If you meet the minimum qualifications and competencies for this position, you may apply by clicking the link below. In the application, you must include a cover letter, updated resume, and 2-3 references to be considered for an interview.
If you have questions regarding the position, please email Fitness Coordinator, Bre’una Keeton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 303-914-6477.
Your application will not be accepted if the items stated above are not included in your application.
About Red Rocks Community College
Located at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Lakewood, Colorado, Red Rocks Community College offers more than 150 programs and 650 courses leading to two-year degrees or professional certificates.
Red Rocks has campuses in Lakewood and Arvada. Courses are delivered in formats from traditional classroom to online to self-paced and weekend classes.
Since 1969, Red Rocks Community College has delivered quality education to an eclectic mix of students of all ages, incomes and backgrounds. For many of our 15,000 annual students, Red Rocks is the convenient community college just down the street. For others, a Red Rocks program or course is worth traveling halfway around the world.
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and/or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Red Rocks Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and/or participation in vocational education programs.
RRCC has designated Arnie Oudenhoven as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. Report all concerns or complaints relating to discrimination or harassment to the Title IX/EO Coordinator(s). For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven Executive Director, HR, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. Phone 303.914.6298, or email email@example.com or Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources/Deputy Title IX Coordinator, 303.914.6224 firstname.lastname@example.org. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228.
You may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 844-3417.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College Security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report, please contact 303.914.6494.