Testing & Evaluation Specialist
Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for a full time Testing & Evaluation Specialist to join our Student Success Services team!
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. (See: http://www.rrcc.edu/diversity) We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Connect daily and make a difference in the lives of thousands of students working to earn an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or a Master’s degree at Red Rocks Community College (RRCC). RRCC has two campuses: our main campus in Lakewood, Colorado and our newly expanded campus in Arvada, Colorado. Red Rocks is Colorado’s premier community college and the fourth largest in the state, serving over 15,000 students each year. RRCC is the first community college in the nation to offer a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies and the first in Colorado to offer a Bachelor’s degree in Water Quality Management.
Description of Position:
- Conduct test administration operations with the placement testing. Execute acceptable examination and testing policies and procedures. Operate standard equipment and standard software applications. Communicate test data and convey policies and procedures to students, faculty and staff by electronic, hard copy and direct means. Interpret test, communicates results and advises test clients as to options available.
- Maintain testing system, software operational readiness, and a quiet and secure testing environment. Preserve confidentiality of test materials and results. Conduct system updates and data download activities.
- Work closely with admissions center and instructional services for proctoring standard and online testing. Serve as the on-campus information source for college assessment policies and procedures and placement. Help students navigate testing services and understand placement requirements.
- Proctor academic testing for RRCC students
- Proctor internet base testing for RRCC students and students of other colleges and universities
- Administer the credit for prior learning process system. Work with instructional services in aspects of the procedure
- Bachelor of Science/Arts
- One (1) year proctoring tests
- Master's Degree
- Membership in or experience working in diverse communities and supporting the success of students and staff from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in the College
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent organizational, written, verbal communication, interpersonal, and public speaking skills required
- Ability to learn and apply new technology to the operating needs of the program is essential
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated working knowledge of the Banner System and Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Ability to adhere to the professional standards and guidelines established by National College Testing Association (NCTA) and The College Board/placement test
Starting salary: $38,000/annual
How to Apply:
Complete applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday January 01, 2019. To apply for this position, click the button below and complete an application, including the following:
- A cover letter (specially addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications for this position)
- A resume
- You will be asked for the contact information (email and phone number) for three professional references in the application
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at: http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report please contact 303.914.6494.