Student Employment - Summer 2019 - Rec Center Assistant - Student Rec Center Arvada
Department: Student Recreation – Arvada Fitness Center
Position Title: Arvada Rec Assistant
Position Type: Work-Study Preferred, Student Hourly Considered
Job Description: The Arvada Rec Assistant will be responsible for providing both direct and indirect customer service as well as providing a welcoming and friendly experience to all Arvada Fitness Center guests/visitors. Arvada Rec Assistants will be responsible for overseeing fitness facility areas and equipment. Arvada Rec Assistants shall enforce all SRC policies and procedures in a fair and professional manner and will ensure the appropriate use and cleanliness of the facility and fitness equipment as a whole. Responsibilities include but are not limited to daily cleaning tasks, oversight and supervision of fitness facility, offering spotting assistance for guests, communicating with co-workers and professional staff members, promoting SRC events and programs to guests, acting as a first/lay responder for all SRC emergencies (First Aid/CPR/AED), assist all SRC staff (student and professional) with additional duties as assigned, and more.
- Must be certified in CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED and Standard First Aid or be willing to obtain the certification within 30 days of hire (SRC can provide);
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Cooperative spirit in working with peers, supervisors, clients and guests;
- Must wear provided staff uniform (collared shirt) to all shifts;
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds;
- Will be required to clean fitness machines and other equipment as daily working tasks;
- Must have a corporative work ethic and assist co-workers, supervisors, SRC custodians, etc. through additional job duties (i.e. vacuuming, document filing, inventory, etc.)
- Must communicate via email and phone effectively with supervisor and co-workers;
- Must be comfortable with learning how to navigate through SRC software systems (Fusion and When to Work) as well as using this as a means to job duties and communication;
- Be as flexible as possible by assisting co-workers with picking up shifts (temporary);
- Must strive to be at all assigned shifts and communicate in advance if not able to make shift(s);
- Must attend monthly Rec Assistant Staff Meetings (paid);
- Ability to remain patient and calm in all situations and handle and resolve conflict in a timely and orderly manner;
- Previous knowledge and background in health, wellness and/or exercise science is preferred but not required.
You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for semester in which you will be working) to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance: Working at the Student Recreation Center will help you gain transferable skills that that will translate directly to future career choices. We will work to enhance:
- Customer Service
- Leadership Development
- Technology/Software Usage
- Critical Thinking
- Work Independence
- Problem Solving
- And much more!
Job Payment Information:
Position Type: Part-time
Wage: $11.10 per hour
For questions about this position, contact Fitness Coordinator, Bre’una Keeton at email@example.com or call at 303-914-6477
For questions about student employment in general, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and/or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Red Rocks Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and/or participation in vocational education programs.
RRCC has designated Arnie Oudenhoven as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. Report all concerns or complaints relating to discrimination or harassment to the Title IX/EO Coordinator(s). For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven Executive Director, HR, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. Phone 303.914.6298, or email email@example.com or Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources/Deputy Title IX Coordinator, 303.914.6224 firstname.lastname@example.org. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228.
You may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 844-3417.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College Security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report, please contact 303.914.6494.