Student Employment - Summer 2019 - Personal Training Assistant - Student Rec Center
Department: Student Recreation
Position Title: Personal Training Assistant (Personal Trainer)
Position Type: Work-Study Preferred, Student Hourly Considered
Job Description: The SRC Personal Trainer responsibilities include creating and planning appropriate and specific exercise prescriptions and program designs for personal training clients at the RRCC Student Recreation Center. The SRC is seeking certified student personal trainers to conduct personal (one-on-one), buddy sessions, small group training sessions and other special events (i.e. tabling, body composition testing, etc.) for clients. Trainers are also responsible for attending any monthly/semester trainings, in addition to mandatory continuing education sessions set by the Fitness Coordinator.
- Student personal trainers must hold a current personal trainer certification (i.e. ACSM, ACE, NPTI, NASM, NSCA, Cooper Institute, AFAA, etc.) recognized by the NCCA to be considered for this position;
- Must be certified in Adult First Aid/CPR/AED or be willing to obtain the certification within 30 days of hire (SRC can provide);
- Personal Trainers must maintain current fitness knowledge through continuing education and attendance at monthly/semester team meetings and trainings;
- Personal Trainers must show up 10 minutes before a training session for prep and stay at least 5-10 minutes after the training session to clean up and return equipment;
- Must maintain client(s) confidentiality and maintain accurate training health records in a locked and designated area at the RRCC Student Recreation Center;
- Responsible for periodic cleaning and inspection of the fitness floor machines and equipment (including check out equipment from the membership desk);
- May be asked to participate in ‘floor hours’ for marketing of the personal training program;
- Must maintain client(s) overall safety;
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Cooperative spirit in working with peers, supervisors, clients and guests;
- Ability to remain patient and calm in all situations and handle and resolve conflict in a timely and orderly manner;
- May be asked to work some weekends for trainings or for clients that request training over the weekend;
- Previous knowledge and background in health, wellness and/or exercise science is preferred but not required.
You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the semester in which you will be working) to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance: Working at the Student Recreation Center will help you gain transferable skills that that will translate directly to future career choices. We will work to enhance:
- Customer Service
- Work Independence
- Problem Solving
- And much more!
Job Payment Information:
Position Type: Part-time
Wage: $12.00 – 16.00 per hour
For questions about this position, contact Fitness Coordinator, Bre’una Keeton at email@example.com or call at 303-914-6477
For questions about student employment in general, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and/or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Red Rocks Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and/or participation in vocational education programs.
RRCC has designated Arnie Oudenhoven as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. Report all concerns or complaints relating to discrimination or harassment to the Title IX/EO Coordinator(s). For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven Executive Director, HR, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. Phone 303.914.6298, or email email@example.com or Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources/Deputy Title IX Coordinator, 303.914.6224 firstname.lastname@example.org. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228.
You may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 844-3417.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College Security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report, please contact 303.914.6494.