Student Employment - Fall 2019 - Clerical Assistant - TRiO Student Support
TRiO Student Support Services
Office Assistant -Work Study
This position supports TRIO SSS for up to 20 hours a week between 8 am and 6 pm Mon-Fri and Saturday 10 am - 4 pm. Tasks include general office duties: welcoming students and guests, awareness of surroundings and TRIO SSS Center/student needs, answering or directing phone/e-mail inquiries, appointment scheduling and contacting students for appointment reminders, data entry, filing, copying and scanning, maintaining the TRIO SSS Center tidy and professional appearance, ensure offices are stocked with appropriate forms and documents, and knowledge of RRCC resources.
Job requirements include:
- Professionalism and punctuality
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Good phone and e-mail etiquette
- Computer skills in MS Office suite: Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Attend office department meetings
- Presentation in classroom/TRIO SSS Center
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.00.
- Commit to work for at least two semesters.
- Be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Publisher).
- Possess empathy, understanding, and commitment in working with diverse
populations, including low-income students, first generation students, students with disabilities, and English Language Learners.
- Must be dependable, detail-oriented, and flexible, organized, a willing learner and a multi-tasker, and have a professional demeanor.
- Written and oral communication skills (phone and front desk), including acute listening and solid interpersonal communication skills.
You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the semester in which you will be working) and work study eligible to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance:
- Microsoft Office – including Excel
- Database entry and maintenance (including in-house software systems)
- Scheduling events and appointments using shared calendars
- Outreach through phone, email, in-house software systems and presentations
- Front facing client/student communications
Job Payment Information: Wage: $11.50 per hour
Paid: Bi-weekly (Fridays)
How to Apply:
- Click the link below to apply online!
- Go to the Human Resources Office or the Financial Aid Office to procure a Student Employee Referral Form.
- Visit the Financial Aid office to ensure that you are eligible for Work-Study funds.
Contact TRIO Student Support Services front desk at 303-914-6762 with questions about the advertised position.
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and/or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Red Rocks Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and/or participation in vocational education programs.
RRCC has designated Arnie Oudenhoven as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. Report all concerns or complaints relating to discrimination or harassment to the Title IX/EO Coordinator(s). For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven Executive Director, HR, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. Phone 303.914.6298, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources/Deputy Title IX Coordinator, 303.914.6224 email@example.com. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228.
You may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 844-3417.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College Security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report, please contact 303.914.6494.