Student Employment - Summer 2019 - Clerical Assistant - EMS Information Desk
RRCC Student Employment Position Announcement
Department: Student Outreach and Recruitment
Position Title: Clerical Assistant (Level I) at EMS desk
Position Type: Both Work Study and Student Hourly considered
Job Description: Information Desk Clerical Assistants provide quality customer service to visitors, prospective/current students and faculty/staff. This position serves as the first point of contact for the college, responds to questions, and gives directions from one of the information desks on campus. Employees are expected to provide a positive experience for everyone looking for information whether in person, on the phone or through the mail.
General Clerical Assistant Duties
- Giving excellent customer service
- Answering questions and giving directions
• Assisting with database entry
• Making outbound phone calls/emails
- Responding to requests for information
- Use of Microsoft office products for letters, spreadsheets, email, etc.
- Other general office duties
- Good customer service skills are necessary
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and general computer skills are required
• Must be reliable, have a strong work ethic and positive attitude
- Successful candidates should be able to work 20 hours each week; FOR SUMMER 2019 looking for 12-5 Monday – Thursday.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of Red Rocks Community College resources and services a plus
You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the semester in which you will be working) to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance:
- Provides many opportunities for personal and professional growth in areas such as: customer service; professional communication and public speaking; how to work with diverse populations of people and people in authority positions
- Provides many opportunities to work within a team
- Provides an opportunity to learn about the higher education process behind the scenes
- Enhanced skills with Office products and data entry software
- Professional development opportunities are provided for students whenever possible
Job Payment Information:
Wage: $11.10 per hour
Paid: Bi-weekly (Fridays)
How to Apply:
Click the link below to apply for this position!
For questions about this position, contact Yvonne Pepping at 303-914-6130 or Yvonne.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about student employment in general, contact email@example.com.
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and/or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Red Rocks Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and/or participation in vocational education programs.
RRCC has designated Arnie Oudenhoven as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. Report all concerns or complaints relating to discrimination or harassment to the Title IX/EO Coordinator(s). For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven Executive Director, HR, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. Phone 303.914.6298, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources/Deputy Title IX Coordinator, 303.914.6224 email@example.com. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228.
You may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 844-3417.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College Security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report, please contact 303.914.6494.