Student Employment - Summer 2019 - Advising Clerical Assistant - RRCC
RRCC Student Employment Position Announcement
Department: Academic Advising
Position Title: Advising Clerical Assistant II
Position Type: Summer Student Hourly or Work Study for Spring, Summer or Fall
Job Description: This person is responsible for screening and managing walk-in advising and appointment student traffic, answering or directing phone inquiries and setting up appointments from phone, email and web requests, as well as contacting students for appointment reminders. Additionally, this position is responsible for helping students navigate The ROCK student portal, keeping the reception area clean and stocked with college and transfer information, directing students to appropriate departments or personnel, and assisting with various projects as needed within the Advising Department.
- Desire to work with diverse customers to include students, parents, community members and college personnel on a front-line, first point of contact basis.
- Excellent customer service skills to include advanced written and oral communication.
- Computer competency to include Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel.
- Some familiarity with Red Rocks resources and experience using The ROCK student portal.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve and organize information, with strong time management skills
- Reliable, punctual and willing to learn new information and computer programs.
You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the semester in which you will be working) to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance: In this position you will learn reception skills to include:
- In-person, phone and e-mail etiquette for appointment management
- Customer Service skills
- Some Banner (student information database) navigation
- Projects using Outlook, Word & Excel programs
- Training on SARS (Student Appointment Registration System) software
- Interpersonal communication skills with diverse student populations, often as their first point of contact
- Increased familiarity with Red Rocks resources and experience using The ROCK student portal
- Increased knowledge of how things work at the college and valuable networking opportunities
- Self Confidence & Conflict Management skills
Job Payment Information:
Wage: 11.50 per hour
Paid: Bi-weekly (Fridays)
How to Apply:
Click the link below to apply for this position!
For questions about this position, contact Jeanie Kavanaugh at email@example.com or 303-914-6907.
For questions about student employment in general, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven, Executive Director of Human Resources. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6224.