Student Employment - Fall 2018 - Personal Trainer - Student Rec Center
Department: Student Recreation
Position Title: Personal Training Assistant
Position Type: Student Hourly
Job Description: Responsibilities include creating and planning appropriate and specific exercise prescriptions and program designs for personal training clients at the RRCC Student Recreation Center. The SRC is seeking student personal trainers to conduct personal (one-on-one), buddy sessions and small group trainings for clients that could be both students and or faculty/staff members. Trainers are also responsible for attending any monthly/semester trainings set by the Fitness Coordinator.
- Student personal trainers must hold a current Personal Training certification (i.e. ACSM, ACE, NPTI, NASM, NSCA, Cooper Institute, AFAA, etc.) recognized by the NCCA to be considered for this position;
- Must be certified in Adult First Aid/CPR/AED or be willing to obtain the certification within 30 days of hire;
- Personal Trainers must maintain current fitness knowledge through continuing education and attendance at monthly/semester team meetings and trainings;
- Personal Trainers must show up 10 minutes before a training session for prep and stay at least 5-10 minutes after the training session to clean up and return equipment;
- Must maintain client(s) confidentiality and maintain accurate training health records in a locked and designated area at the RRCC Student Recreation Center;
- Must maintain client(s) overall safety;
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Cooperative spirit in working with peers, supervisors, clients and guests;
- Ability to remain patient and calm in all situations and handle and resolve conflict in a timely and orderly manner;
- May be asked to work some weekends for trainings or for clients that request training over the weekend.
- Previous knowledge and background in health, wellness and/or exercise science is preferred but not required;
You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the summer and or fall 2018 semester in which you will be working) to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance: Working at the Student Recreation Center will help you gain transferable skills that that will translate directly to future career choices. We will work to enhance:
- Customer Service
- Work Independence
- Problem Solving
- And much more!
Job Payment Information:
Wage: $12.00 – 16.00 per hour
Paid: Bi-weekly (Fridays)
For questions about this position, contact Fitness Coordinator, Bre’una Keeton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 303-914-6477
For questions about student employment in general, contact email@example.com.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven, Executive Director of Human Resources. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6224.