student employment - Spring 2019 - Student Recreation Center Assistant - RRCC
Department: Student Recreation
Position Title: Rec Assistant
Position Type: Work-Study Preferred, Student Hourly Considered
Job Description: The Rec Assistant will be responsible for providing both direct and indirect customer service as well as providing a welcoming and friendly experience to all Student Recreation Center guests/visitors. Rec Assistants will be responsible for overseeing the SRC Membership Desk as well as the fitness floor and other facility areas (i.e. Fitness Studios, etc.). Rec Assistants shall enforce all SRC policies and procedures in a fair and professional manner and will ensure the appropriate use and cleanliness of the facility and fitness equipment as a whole. Responsibilities include but are not limited to daily cleaning tasks, oversight and supervision of the SRC fitness floor, offering spotting assistance for guests, communicating with co-workers and professional staff members, promoting SRC events and programs to guests, acting as a first/lay responder for all SRC emergencies (First Aid/CPR/AED), assist all SRC staff (student and professional) with additional duties as assigned, and more.
- Must be certified in CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED and Standard First Aid or be willing to obtain the certification within 30 days of hire (SRC can provide);
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Cooperative spirit in working with peers, supervisors, clients and guests;
- Must wear provided staff uniform (collared shirt) to all shifts;
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds;
- Will be required to clean fitness machines and other equipment as daily working tasks;
- Must have a cooporative work ethic and assist co-workers, supervisors, SRC custodians, etc. through additional job duties (i.e. vacuuming, document filing, inventory, etc.)
- Must communicate via email and phone effectively with supervisor and co-workers;
- Must be comfortable with learning how to navigate through SRC software systems (Fusion and When to Work) as well as using this as a means to job duties and communication;
- Be as flexible as possible by assisting co-workers with picking up shifts (temporary);
- Must strive to be at all assigned shifts and communicate in advance if not able to make shift(s);
- Must attend monthly Rec Assistant Staff Meetings (paid);
- Ability to remain patient and calm in all situations and handle and resolve conflict in a timely and orderly manner;
- Previous knowledge and background in health, wellness and/or exercise science is preferred but not required.
You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for semester in which you will be working) to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance: Working at the Student Recreation Center will help you gain transferable skills that that will translate directly to future career choices. We will work to enhance:
- Customer Service
- Leadership Development
- Technology/Software Usage
- Critical Thinking
- Work Independence
- Problem Solving
- And much more!
Job Payment Information:
Position Type: Part-time
Wage: $11.10 per hour
For questions about this position, contact Fitness Coordinator, Bre’una Keeton at email@example.com or call at 303-914-6477
For questions about student employment in general, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6224.