Student Employment - Spring 2019 - Rec Center - Group Fitness Assistant (Instructor)
Department: Student Recreation
Position Title: Group Fitness Assistant (Instructor)
Position Type: Work-Study Preferred, Student Hourly Considered
Job Description: The SRC Group Fitness Assistant has is responsible for providing safe and effective instruction of group exercise classes to participants with varying fitness levels. Group Fitness Assistants are also accountable for ensuring that fitness equipment for group fitness classes are clean, sanitized, and free of any issues that could cause injury to participants or instructors. All qualified candidates must successfully complete an interview and audition/demo. The SRC is seeking assistants for the following classes: Yoga, Pilates, Zumba, Cycle/Spin, Cardio Kickboxing, HIIT, etc. Please indicate in the application where you specialize.
- Students must hold a certification recognized by the NCCA to be considered for this position (i.e. AFAA, NSCA, NASM, ACE, ACSM, etc.). Specialty fitness certifications will also be considered (i.e. Zumba, Tae Kwon Do, Yoga Alliance, Pilates, etc.);
- Must be certified in CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED and Standard First Aid or be willing to obtain the certification within 30 days of hire (SRC can provide);
- Responsible for periodic cleaning of group fitness equipment in the fitness equipment closet;
- Responsible for periodic cleaning, dusting, and sanitizing of the group fitness studio(s);
- Instructors must maintain current fitness knowledge through continuing education and attendance at monthly team meetings and trainings;
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Cooperative spirit in working with peers, supervisors, clients and guests;
- Ability to remain patient and calm in all situations and handle and resolve conflict in a timely and orderly manner;
- Previous knowledge and background in health, wellness and/or exercise science is preferred but not required.
You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the semester in which you will be working) to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance: Working at the Student Recreation Center will help you gain transferable skills that that will translate directly to future career choices. We will work to enhance:
- Customer Service
- Work Independence
- Problem Solving
- And much more!
Job Payment Information:
Position Type: Part-time
Wage: $12.00 – 16.00 per hour
For questions about this position, contact Fitness Coordinator, Bre’una Keeton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 303-914-6477
For questions about student employment in general, contact email@example.com.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6224.