Student Employment - Spring 2019 - Clerical Assistant - TRiO Student Support
TRiO Student Support Services
Office Assistant -Work Study
This position supports TRIO SSS for up to 20 hours a week between 8 am and 6 pm Mon-Fri and Saturday 10 am - 4 pm. Tasks include general office duties: welcoming students and guests, awareness of surroundings and TRIO SSS Center/student needs, answering or directing phone/e-mail inquiries, appointment scheduling and contacting students for appointment reminders, data entry, filing, copying and scanning, maintaining the TRIO SSS Center tidy and professional appearance, ensure offices are stocked with appropriate forms and documents, and knowledge of RRCC resources.
Job requirements include:
- Professionalism and punctuality
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills
- Good phone and e-mail etiquette
- Computer skills in MS Office suite: Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Attention to detail
- Attend office department meetings
- Presentation in classroom/TRIO SSS Center
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.00.
- Commit to work for at least two semesters.
- Be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Publisher).
- Possess empathy, understanding, and commitment in working with diverse
populations, including low-income students, first generation students, students with disabilities, and English Language Learners.
- Must be dependable, detail-oriented, and flexible, organized, a willing learner and a multi-tasker, and have a professional demeanor.
- Written and oral communication skills (phone and front desk), including acute listening and solid interpersonal communication skills.
You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the semester in which you will be working) and work study eligible to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance:
- Microsoft Office – including Excel
- Database entry and maintenance (including in-house software systems)
- Scheduling events and appointments using shared calendars
- Outreach through phone, email, in-house software systems and presentations
- Front facing client/student communications
Job Payment Information: Wage: $11.10 per hour
Paid: Bi-weekly (Fridays)
How to Apply:
- Click the link below to apply online!
- Go to the Human Resources Office or the Financial Aid Office to procure a Student Employee Referral Form.
- Visit the Financial Aid office to ensure that you are eligible for Work-Study funds.
Contact TRIO Student Support Services front desk at 303-914-6762 with questions about the advertised position.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven, Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298. Arnie.Oudenhoven@rrcc.edu