Student Employment - Spring 2019 - Clerical Assistant - Student Outreach and Retention
RRCC Student Employment Position Announcement
Department: Student Outreach and Retention
Position Title: Clerical Assistant (Level I)
Position Type: Both Work Study and Student Hourly considered
Job Description: Information Desk Clerical Assistants provide quality customer service to visitors, prospective/current students and faculty/staff. This position serves as the first point of contact for the college, responds to questions, and gives directions from one of the information desks on campus. Employees are expected to provide a positive experience for everyone looking for information whether in person, on the phone or through the mail.
General Clerical Assistant Duties
- Giving excellent customer service
- Answering questions and giving directions
• Assisting with database entry
• Making outbound phone calls
- Use of Microsoft office products for letters, spreadsheets, email, etc.
- Other general office duties
- Good customer service skills are necessary
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and general computer skills are required
• Must be reliable, have a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Successful candidates should be able to work 20 hours each weeks
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Knowledge of Red Rocks Community College resources and services a plus
You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the semester in which you will be working) to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance:
- Provides many opportunities for personal and professional growth in areas such as: customer service; communication and public speaking; how to work with diverse populations of people and people in authority positions
- Provides an opportunity to learn about the higher education process behind the scenes
- Enhanced skills with Office products
- Professional development opportunities are provided for students whenever possible.
Job Payment Information:
Wage: $11.10 per hour
Paid: Bi-weekly (Fridays)
How to Apply:
Click the link below to apply for this position!
For questions about this position, contact Yvonne Pepping at 303-914-6130 or Yvonne.email@example.com.
For questions about student employment in general, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6224.