Student Employment - Spring 2018 - TRiO SSS - Clerical Assistant
TRiO Student Support Services
Office Assistant -Work Study
Job Description: TRiO SSS Office Support - TRiO programs are 100% federally funded and serve low-income, first-generation, and/or disabled students. The candidate must be available to work approximately 10 to 20 hours per week during the semester and a portion of the semester break, and be available as needed for required work, training, workshops/seminars, and/or planning.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.00.
- Commit to work for at least two semesters.
- Be proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Access, Power Point, and Publisher).
- Possess empathy, understanding, and commitment in working with diverse
populations, including low-income students, first generation students, students with disabilities, and English Language Learners.
- Must be dependable, detail-oriented, and flexible, organized, a willing learner and a multi-tasker, and have a professional demeanor.
- Have finely-honed written and oral communication skills, including acute listening and solid interpersonal communication skills.
You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the semester in which you will be working) and work study eligible to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance:
- Microsoft Office – including Excel
- Database entry and maintenance
- Scheduling events and appointments using shared calendars
- Outreach through phone, email, and text
- Front facing client/student communications
Job Payment Information:Wage: $10.20 per hour
Paid: Bi-weekly (Fridays)
How to Apply:
1. Apply online using the below link.
- Go to the Human Resources Office or the Financial Aid Office to procure a Student Employee Referral Form.
- Visit the Financial Aid office to ensure that you are eligible for Work-Study funds.
Contact Armando Burciaga at Armando.firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-325-4010 with questions about the advertised position.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven, Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298. Arnie.Oudenhoven@rrcc.edu