Student Employment - Spring 2018 - Inclusion and Diversity Student Assistant
RRCC Student Employment Position Announcement
Department: Inclusion & Diversity
Position Title: Inclusion & Diversity Student Assistant
Position Type: Work Study
Job Description: As an Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) Student Assistant, you will be expected to work approximately 10-20 hours per week during our office hours which are open 8:00 – 5:00 Monday through Friday during times when fall and spring classes are in session. The number of hours you work will be at the discretion of the Director of Inclusion & Diversity, based on your class schedule and the needs of the LGBTQ Center. There may be additional weekend events or projects that will be necessary. Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Answering the phone and welcoming guests to the LGBTQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Questioning) Center
- Providing appropriate information and referrals to LGBTQ Center visitors
- Filing and data entry
- Research on a variety of diversity topics
- Various projects related to the LGBTQ Center as well as Inclusion & Diversity
- Represent the LGBTQ Center and/or Inclusion & Diversity at events and information fairs, focusing on communicating the mission and purpose of the GLBT Resource Center
- Educate classes and other student organizations about topics related to inclusion, diversity, and equity
- Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings
- Help further the goals and objectives of the LGBTQ Center and Inclusion & Diversity
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong interest in promoting inclusion at RRCC and in the community, especially as related to the LGBTQ community
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Strong comfort level with people from a variety of backgrounds, as well as a willingness to expand knowledge and skills related to inclusion and diversity
- Ability to convey complicated and/or controversial information in a respectful and clear manner
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment
You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the semester in which you will be working) to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance: The primary skills gained from this position are related to interpersonal communication. However, this position is encouraged to develop projects and pursue ideas that can be suited to any number of skills such as event planning, group facilitation, graphic design, etc.
Job Payment Information:
Wage: $10.50 per hour
Paid: Bi-weekly (Fridays)
How to Apply:
Click the link below to apply for this position!
For questions about this position, contact email@example.com or 303.914.6309.
For questions about student employment in general, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven, Executive Director of Human Resources. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6224.