Student employment - Spring 2018 - Fitness Center - Group Fitness Assistant
RRCC Student Employment Position Announcement
Department: Student Recreation
Position Title: Group Fitness Assistant
Position Type: Work-Study, or Student Hourly Considered
Job Description: Responsibilities include safe and effective instruction of group exercise classes to participants with varying fitness levels. All qualified candidates must successfully complete an interview and audition. The SRC is seeking assistants for the following classes: yoga, Pilates, Zumba, cycle/spin, cardio kickboxing, bootcamps, etc. Please indicate in the application where you specialize.
- Instructors must maintain current fitness knowledge through continuing education and attendance at monthly team meetings and trainings
- Students must hold a certification recognized by the NCCA to be considered for this position.
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Cooperative spirit in working with peers, supervisors, clients and guests;
- Ability to remain patient and calm in all situations and handle and resolve conflict in a timely and orderly manner.
- Must be certified in CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED and Standard First Aid or be willing to obtain the certification within 30 days of hire
- Previous knowledge and background in health, wellness and/or exercise science is preferred but not required.
You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the semester in which you will be working) to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance: Working at the Student Recreation Center will help you gain transferable skills that that will translate directly to future career choices. We will work to enhance:
- Customer Service
- Work Independence
- Problem Solving
- And much more!
Job Payment Information:
Wage: $12 per hour
Paid: Bi-weekly (Fridays)
How to Apply:
Click the link below to apply for this position!
For questions about this position, contact Bre'una Keeton at Breuna.email@example.com and (303) 914-6377
For questions about student employment in general, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6224.