Student Employment - Fall 2019 - Instruct. Tech - Virtual Reality Assistant
RRCC Student Employment Position Announcement
All Fields are required. Replace all [description notes in boxes] with your own description.
Department: Instructional Technology/e-Learning
Position Title: Virtual Reality Research Assistant, Work-Study
- Research and evaluate VR apps (applications) for education usage
- Demonstrate how to use Oculus, Vive, and Mixed Reality Headsets in a classroom setting
- In collaboration with Instructional Technology staff, develop user guides for VR apps and equipment
- With support from Instructional Technology staff, develop a web-based database of VR/AR Apps to encourage adoption and dissemination of technology
- Organize, present, and deliver VR/AR demonstrations to the campus community
- Opportunity to explore and expand existing programs in Unity, ChimeraX and/or A-Frame
- In conjunction with Instructional Technology staff, develop a research project to present at the RRCC STEM Expo.
- Other job duties as assigned related to Instructional Technology.
- Ability to learn and then present new technologies
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of faculty, students, and staff
- Applicant must have good customer service skills
- Attention to detail is important
You must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours for the semester in which you will be working to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance:
- Utilize VR Headsets, Oculus and industry standard equipment in a professional environment
- Advance your professional experience with using Virtual Reality in an academic environment
- Practical experience in a professional and collaborative environment
- Build your skills with small self-driven VR projects
- Excellent opportunity to expand technology skills and learn about emerging technologies
Job Payment Information:
Wage: $12.00 per hour
Paid: Bi-weekly (Fridays)
How to Apply:
Click the link below to apply for this position!
For questions about this position, contact Jon Johnson at email@example.com or call 303-914-6702
For questions about student employment in general, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and/or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Red Rocks Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and/or participation in vocational education programs.
RRCC has designated Arnie Oudenhoven as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. Report all concerns or complaints relating to discrimination or harassment to the Title IX/EO Coordinator(s). For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven Executive Director, HR, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. Phone 303.914.6298, or email email@example.com or Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources/Deputy Title IX Coordinator, 303.914.6224 firstname.lastname@example.org. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228.
You may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 844-3417.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College Security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report, please contact 303.914.6494.