Student Employment - Fall 2019 - Inclusion & Diversity - Clerical Assistant
RRCC Student Employment Position Announcement
Department: Inclusion & Diversity
Position Title: Inclusion & Diversity Student Assistant
Position Type: Work Study Only
Job Description: As an Inclusion & Diversity (I&D) Student Assistant, you will be expected to work approximately 10-20 hours per week during our office hours which are open 8:00 – 5:00 Monday through Friday during times when fall and spring classes are in session. The number of hours you work will be at the discretion of the Director of Inclusion & Diversity, based on your class schedule and the needs of the department. There may be additional weekend events or projects that will be necessary. The work location for each position will either be in the Center for Multicultural Excellence, LGBTQ+ Center, or in The Hub: Center for Engagement & Innovation. Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Answering the phone and welcoming guests to the LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer and Questioning) Center or the Center for Multicultural Excellence
- Providing appropriate information and referrals to Center for Multicultural Excellence or LGBTQ Center visitors
- Filing and data entry
- Research on a variety of diversity topics
- Various projects related to the Center for Inclusion & Diversity
- Represent the Center for Inclusion & Diversity, Center for Multicultural Excellence, or LGBTQ+ Center at events and information fairs, focusing on communicating the mission, purpose, and events
- Educate classes and other student organizations about topics related to inclusion, diversity, and equity
- Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings
- Help further the goals and objectives of the Center for Inclusion & Diversity
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong interest in promoting inclusion at RRCC and in the community, especially as related to the LGBTQ community and students of color
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Strong comfort level with people from a variety of backgrounds, as well as a willingness to expand knowledge and skills related to inclusion and diversity
- Ability to convey complicated and/or controversial information in a respectful and clear manner
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering an inclusive working and learning environment
You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the semester in which you will be working) to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance: The primary skills gained from this position are related to interpersonal communication. However, this position is encouraged to develop projects and pursue ideas that can be suited to any number of skills such as event planning, group facilitation, graphic design, etc.
Job Payment Information:
Wage: $11.10 per hour
Paid: Bi-weekly (Fridays)
How to Apply:
Click the link below to apply for this position!
For questions about this position, contact email@example.com or 303.914.6309.
For questions about student employment in general, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and/or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Red Rocks Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and/or participation in vocational education programs.
RRCC has designated Arnie Oudenhoven as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. Report all concerns or complaints relating to discrimination or harassment to the Title IX/EO Coordinator(s). For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven Executive Director, HR, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. Phone 303.914.6298, or email email@example.com or Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources/Deputy Title IX Coordinator, 303.914.6224 firstname.lastname@example.org. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228.
You may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 844-3417.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College Security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report, please contact 303.914.6494.