Student Employment - Fall 2019 - Group Fitness Assistant - Student Rec Center
Department: Student Recreation
Position Title: Group Fitness Assistant (Instructor)
Position Type: Work-Study Preferred, Student Hourly Considered
Job Description/Summary: The SRC Group Fitness Assistant is responsible for providing safe and effective fitness instruction to group settings with participants that represent varying fitness backgrounds and levels. The Group Fitness Assistant is also responsible for ensuring that fitness equipment for classes are clean, sanitized, and free of any problems that could cause injury to participants or instructors.
- Must be eligible for student employment through Red Rocks Community College to apply for this position;
- Enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for semester in which applying
- Must hold a current, nationally recognized group fitness certification recognized by the NCCA (i.e. ACSM, ACE, NPTI, NASM, NSCA, Cooper Institute, etc.) OR a recognized specialty certification (i.e. Zumba, LesMills, Yoga Alliance, etc.) to be considered for this position;
- Must be certified in lay responder Adult First Aid, CPR, and AED training (in-person training) or be willing to obtain the certification within 30 days of hire (SRC can provide);
- Previous background and or education in kinesiology, exercise science, health and wellness, etc. is preferred, but not required;
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds;
- Able to bend, squat, and lift items from the floor and or from high shelves;
- Able to clean and dust fitness machines and areas of the facility from a bended position and or on hands and knees (i.e. cleaning of cubbies, under treadmills, etc.) for an extended timeframe;
- Fully participate in team physical training programs/events.
- Group Fitness Instructors are expected to conduct weekly group fitness classes based on a semester, permanent schedule, for at least 30-60 minute sessions;
- Expected to show up before fitness session(s) for prep and stay after the training session(s) to clean up and return equipment;
- Responsible for periodic cleaning of group fitness equipment and studios;
- Must keep all client(s) safety as first priority of session(s) by providing modifications when necessary;
- May be asked to work special events (i.e. Spa Night, Yoga-Hike, pop-up classes, etc.) where group fitness classes are needed;
- Develop current knowledge and abilities through continuing education opportunities and through attendance to all staff meetings and professional development trainings;
- May be asked to participate in floor hours/tabling sessions for marketing program;
- Ability to remain patient and calm in all situations and handle and resolve conflict in a timely and orderly manner (i.e. performing CPR on a client, etc.).
Transferable Skills: Working at the Student Recreation Center will assist students in gaining transferable career and academic skills that that will translate directly to future career choices. We will work to help you advance your skills in:
- Customer Service
- Leadership Development
- Technology/Software Usage
- Problem Solving
- And much more!
Job Payment Information:
Position Type: Part-Time, Student Position
Wage: $12.00 – 16.00 per hour (opportunities for raises – semester evaluations required)
Apply Online Today! Click the link below to apply online.
Job Related Questions? Contact Fitness Coordinator, Bre’una Keeton at email@example.com or call at 303-914-6477.
For questions about student employment in general, contact Bob Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and/or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Red Rocks Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and/or participation in vocational education programs.
RRCC has designated Arnie Oudenhoven as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. Report all concerns or complaints relating to discrimination or harassment to the Title IX/EO Coordinator(s). For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven Executive Director, HR, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. Phone 303.914.6298, or email email@example.com or Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources/Deputy Title IX Coordinator, 303.914.6224 firstname.lastname@example.org. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228.
You may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 844-3417.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College Security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report, please contact 303.914.6494.