Student Employment - Fall 2019 - Career Success Center - Clerical Assistant
RRCC Student Employment Position Announcement
Career Success Center
Clerical Assistant - Work Study
This position supports the Career Success Center for up to 20 hours a week between 8 am and 5 pm Monday-Friday. The Career Success Center is located in the Hub and while this position primarily works with the Career Success Center, you will be cross-trained to provide general support to the Hub. Days and hours will be dependent on the needs for coverage by the Career Success Center as well as your availability.
Welcoming students, employers, and guests; answering or directing phone/e-mail inquiries; appointment scheduling and contacting students for appointment reminders; data entry, copying and scanning; maintain RRCC’s online job board, Career Connect; working with employers to schedule Informational Tables; collecting data and creating reports using Excel; support the Career Success Center social media accounts by providing content and ideas; and marketing duties including coordinating and promoting events, and supporting various events throughout campus.
- Professional and punctual
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Good phone and e-mail etiquette
- Comfortable giving informal presentations
- Interest in using social media in a professional setting
- Comfortable with computers and proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Dependable, detail-oriented, and flexible; organized, a willing learner, and a multi-tasker
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (in person, on the phone, and through email)
- Commitment to working for at least two semesters
- You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the semester in which you will be working) and work study eligible to apply for this position
Skills you will enhance:
- Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat DC
- Data collection and experience with creating reports
- Experience using customer relationship management software
- Event planning including scheduling events and appointments using shared calendars
- Experience with social media and content management in a professional setting
- The opportunity to create your own learning objectives of what you want to gain through this experience
Job Payment Information: Wage: $11.10 per hour
Paid: Bi-weekly (Fridays)
To Apply: Click the link below to apply for this position!
Contact the Career Success Center at 303-914-6361 with questions about this position.
For questions about student employment in general, contact email@example.com.
Title IX, Diversity and EEO Statement:
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and/or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Red Rocks Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and/or participation in vocational education programs.
RRCC has designated Arnie Oudenhoven as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. Report all concerns or complaints relating to discrimination or harassment to the Title IX/EO Coordinator(s). For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven Executive Director, HR, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. Phone 303.914.6298, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources/Deputy Title IX Coordinator, 303.914.6224 email@example.com. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228.
You may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 844-3417.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College Security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report, please contact 303.914.6494.