Student Employment - Fall 2018 - Virtual Reality Assistant IV - Instructional Technology
RRCC Student Employment Position Announcement
Department: Instructional Technology/e-Learning
Position Title: Virtual Reality Research Assistant, Work-Study
- Research and evaluate VR apps (applications) for education usage
- Demonstrate how to use Gear VR, VR Headsets, Oculus, and Vive in a classroom setting
- In collaboration with Instructional Technology staff, develop user guides for VR apps and equipment
- In conjunction with Instructional Technology staff, organize and present VR classroom demonstrations
- Opportunity to explore and expand existing programs in Unity, ChimeraX and/or A-Frame
- Ability to learn and then present new technologies
- Ability to interact with diverse groups of faculty, students, and staff
- Applicant must have good customer service skills
- Attention to detail is important
You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the semester in which you will be working) to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance:
- Utilize GEAR VR, VR Headsets, Oculus and industry standard equipment in a professional environment
- Advance your professional experience with using Virtual Reality in an academic environment
- Practical experience in a professional and collaborative environment
- Build your skills with small self-driven VR projects
- Excellent opportunity to expand technology skills and learn about emerging technologies
Job Payment Information:
Wage: $12.00 per hour
Paid: Bi-weekly (Fridays)
How to Apply:
Click the link below to apply for this position!
For questions about this position, contact Sheryl Scharnikow at Sheryl.firstname.lastname@example.org or call 303-914-6702
For questions about student employment in general, contact email@example.com.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven, Executive Director of Human Resources. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6224.