Student Employment - Fall 2018 - Student Health Clinic and Counseling Center - RRCC
Job Description: RRCC Student Employment Position Announcement
Department: Student Health Clinic
Position Title: Health Clinic Clerical Assistant
Position Type: Work Study Only
Job Description: The RRCC Student Health Clinic Work Study Clerical Assistant will be responsible for general office tasks and assisting the Student Health Clinic Director and Behavioral Health Counselor. The Clerical Assistant will work under the professional and medical license of the Providers (MD, DO, PA-C, NP, LPC) but is responsible for his/her own actions and decisions. The direct Supervisor for the Clerical Assistant is the Clinic Director.
You must be eligible for work-study student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the Fall 2017 semester). As the Clerical Assistant in the RRCC Student Health Clinic Lakewood Campus, you will be expected to work 10-20 hours per week. Hours will typically fall between 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday through Friday. For reasons of consistency and security for our students due to the confidential nature of the position, it is preferred the student worker will be able to work the entire school year (Aug-May).
- Complete general office tasks such as answering phones, sending and receiving faxes, organizing files, copying, maintaining and updating patient forms, data entry, and cleaning of common office areas.
- Assist with scheduling patient appointments and making reminder calls.
- Provide students with accurate information about services available to them in the Student Health Clinics and effectively respond to student questions and concerns.
- Maintain the confidentiality of students who are receiving services at the Student Health Clinics.
- Attend Health Clinic Staff meetings and record meeting minutes.
- Attend relevant on-campus trainings as designated by the Behavioral Health Counselor and/or Health Clinic Director.
- Assist in organizing outreach activities for the Student Health Clinic, which may include reserving rooms, managing an Outlook calendar, putting in work orders for AV equipment and facilities, creating marketing materials, etc.
- Work with the Behavioral Health Counselor and Student Health Clinic Director to create educational materials, such as flyers, brochures, and other items.
- Assist in the design and collection of reporting and evaluation of data around students’ use of Health Clinic Services.
- Other duties as assigned by the Health Clinic Director, Behavioral Health Counselor, and Medical Assistants.
- Knowledge, compliance, and adherence to all HIPPA and FERPA laws, and OSHA and Blood Borne Pathogens policies and procedures (to be completed on the job through on-line trainings).
Preferred Job Requirements:
- Strong communication skills (in-person and via phone and email) for working with students and campus partners.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Organizational skills for scheduling appointments and coordinating activities.
- Some knowledge of physical and behavioral health topics and interest in expanding your understanding and experience in discussing those issues.
- Commitment to the principles of diversity, inclusion, equity, and social justice required.
- MS Office skills, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Adobe PRO and graphic design skills, or interest in learning about Adobe PRO and graphic design.
- Friendly demeanor and willingness to engage others in conversation.
Skills you will gain/enhance:
- Communication skills in a number of settings: in-person, via phone, via email, while scheduling appointments, while sharing resources and information
- Marketing and services/event promotion
- Research and evaluation skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- Data entry
- Advocacy and education
Job Payment Information:
Wage: Starting at $10.50 per hour
Paid: Bi-weekly (Fridays)
How to Apply:
Click the link below to apply for this position!
For questions about this position, contact Sylvia Vigil at email@example.com
For questions about student employment in general, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven, Director of Human Resources. 303.914.6298. Arnie.Oudenhoven@rrcc.edu. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228.