Student Employment - Fall 2018 - Level IV - Tutoring Lab Assistant
RRCC Student Employment Position Announcement
Department: Learning Commons
Position Title: Tutoring Lab Assistant
Position Level: Level IV
Position Type: Both work study and student hourly considered
The Tutoring Lab Assistant exists to maximize the effectiveness of the SARS sign-in/out system for One-to-One tutoring sessions in the Learning Commons. This position plays a crucial role in scheduling tutors, assisting students and tutors in the sign-in/out process, and in monitoring the use of the sign-in/out system. This individual will also serve as lead Student Assistant, coordinating and scheduling workers and creating an Assistance Desk schedule. Pulling, compiling, organizing, and creating reports detailing scheduling and attendance is also an essential function. Gathering, organizing, and assembling the data so that it can be analyzed and evaluated is vital to assuring the efficacy of the tutoring program. The employee will have access to student numbers and employee records.
General Tutoring Lab Assistant Duties
- Schedule and input one-to-one and general tutoring schedules using program specific computer software
- Call and confirm one-to-one tutoring appointments
- Assist students and tutors with making tutoring appointments and signing in/out
- Provide resources and explain strategies for student success to students seeking one-to-one tutoring
- Monitor and limit usage and troubleshoot student and tutor sign-in/out program
- Schedule and input general tutoring program schedules using program specific computer software
- Coordinate and schedule Assistance student workers; serve as lead Student Assistant
- Compile data reports, organizing and synthesizing relevant information into Excel spreadsheets
- Assemble and organize employee/tutor records, run SARS reports, and pull student usage reports for the Learning Commons Manager
- Create procedural manual for computer sign in/out SARS system as well as how to pull and compile data reports for both the One-to-One Tutoring Program and the general Tutoring Program
- Other duties as assigned
In order to qualify for this position, you must be a current RRCC student. Applicants must be in good academic standing taking six (6) or more credit hours and must have a minimum 3.0 GPA. Good customer service, organizational and reporting skills are necessary. Candidate should have experience in supervising and making independent decisions. Experience in organizing and creating schedules is vital to this role. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office products/intermediate level of Excel competency or completion of CIS 155/Excel certification (one or the other) are required. Must be reliable, have a strong work ethic and positive attitude. Successful candidates should be able to work 20 hours each week and provide at least one letter of recommendation.
You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the semester in which you will be working) to apply for this position.
Skills you will gain/enhance
The Tutoring Lab Assistant position provides many opportunities for personal and professional growth in areas such as: customer service, communication, data extraction and analysis, Excel experience, working within a team and working with people in authority positions. This position also provides an opportunity to learn about RRCC’s Tutoring Program processes behind the scenes and to contribute to them. Professional development opportunities are provided for students whenever possible. The Tutoring Lab Assistant will also gain leadership experience as well as scheduling, reporting and organizational skills.
Job Payment Information:
Wage: Paid at the student level IV rate.
Paid: Bi-weekly (Fridays)
For questions about this position, contact Randy Landis-Eigsti (firstname.lastname@example.org). He can also be reached at (303) 914-6736.
For questions about student employment in general, contact email@example.com.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6224.