Student Employment - Fall 2018 - Clerical Assistant - Healthy Minds Resources Center
RRCC Student Employment Position Announcement
Department: Campus Life
Position Title: Healthy Minds Resource Center Office Assistant
Position Type: Student Work Study
Job Description: As the Healthy Minds Resource Center Office Assistant, you will be expected to work approximately 10-20 hours per week. Hours will typically fall between 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. The number of hours you work will be at the discretion of the Behavioral Health Counselor, based on your class schedule and the needs of the office. This position will be available through May of 2019; it may be extended beyond that timeframe. You will:
- Organize activities for the Healthy Minds Resource Center, for example: speakers, film screenings, workshops, and other events related to Mental Health and Wellness. This will include: reserving rooms, managing an Outlook calendar, putting in work orders for AV equipment and facilities, creating marketing materials, etc.
- Co-Lead the coordination for Fresh Check Day – a large mental health fair to take place on campus in April of 2019. You will work closely with other departments and campus organizations to ensure a smooth and successful day.
- Work with campus partners to promote and market all Healthy Minds Resource Center activities across campus.
- Attend Healthy Minds Resource Center activities as able, including tabling on campus, and educate the college on various issues related to mental health.
- Work closely with the Behavioral Health Counselor and Peer Counseling Program to create educational and resource materials, such as: flyers, brochures, and other items.
- Assist in the design and collection of reporting and evaluation data around Healthy Minds Resource Center activities and student involvement/awareness.
- Complete general office tasks such as copying, and data entry.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements: You must be eligible for student employment (enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours for the semester in which you will be working) to apply for this position.
- Strong communication skills (in-person and via phone and email) for working with campus partners.
- Organizational skills for coordinating activities and Fresh Check Day.
- Some knowledge of mental health topics and interest in expanding your understanding and experience in discussing those issues.
- Commitment to the principles of diversity, inclusion, equity, and social justice required.
- Openness to multiple points of view and ability to facilitate challenging conversations.
- MS Office skills, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Adobe PRO and graphic design skills, or interest in learning about Adobe PRO and graphic design.
- Friendly demeanor and willingness to engage others in conversation.
Skills you will gain/enhance:
- Event planning
- Marketing and event promotion
- Networking and relationship-building
- Research and evaluation skills (quantitative and qualitative)
- Data entry
- Advocacy and education
- Public health
Job Payment Information:
Wage: $10.20 per hour
Paid: Bi-weekly (Fridays)
How to Apply:
Click the link below to apply for this position!
For questions about this position, contact Katey Parsons at 303-914-6316 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Amy Buckingham at 303-914-6270 or email@example.com .
For questions about student employment in general, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources. 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6224.