Outreach & Retention Specialist (Part-Time)
Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for a part time Outreach & Retention Specialist to join our Student Success Services team!
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. (See: http://www.rrcc.edu/diversity) We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Connect daily and make a difference in the lives of thousands of students working to earn an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or a Master’s degree at Red Rocks Community College (RRCC). RRCC has two campuses: our main campus in Lakewood, Colorado and our newly expanded campus in Arvada, Colorado. Red Rocks is Colorado’s premier community college and the fourth largest in the state, serving over 15,000 students each year. RRCC is the first community college in the nation to offer a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies and the first in Colorado to offer a Bachelor’s degree in Water Quality Management.
Position Summary: The Outreach and Retention specialist plans, designs, and student recruitment operations to enhance and grow student enrollment. The Outreach and Recruitment specialist is responsible for conducting outreach efforts to the community in the Red Rocks Community College service area, assisting families and prospective students to ensure that they receive accurate and timely information and assistance through the admission process and while they study at RRCC. The Specialist will coordinate with academic and financial aid advisors, and admissions staff to provide wrap around services throughout the recruitment and enrollment process. The specialist will design activities and programs aimed at the support and retention of international and other non-traditional students.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Education, Human Services or other related field.
- Substitution: An equivalent combination of education and professional experience may be substituted for the degree
One years of experience in higher education student services, recruiting, and/or admissions
One year of experience with small and large group presentations.
Experience with Student Information Systems, such as Banner
Proficient in speaking and writing a language other than English.
Membership in or experience working in diverse communities and supporting the success of students and staff from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in the College
- Experience working with and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse student population including, but not limited to, students of color, LGBTQIA students, students from low-income backgrounds, first-generation students, students with disabilities, undocumented students, nontraditional students, and English-language learners
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Analytical Skills
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds
Description of Position:
Service Area Outreach and Recruitment
- Development of relationships with service area communities to promote the benefits of RRCC including educational programs, campus events, and scholarships; projecting an effective and consistent image of RRCC.
- Identify underrepresented populations; develop visitation schedules to schools, agencies, conferences or events to meet with prospective students, parents, counselors, and administrators to discuss college program offerings and to answer questions concerning programs, enrollment procedures, expectations, and/or student life.
- Disseminate college and program informational material to prospective and/or continuing students through presentations on and off campus such as college and community fairs/events, community agency meetings, and businesses.
- Coordinate day-to-day outreach activities that include responding to inquiries, communicating with prospective and current students, and coordinating co-curricular events.
- Work with prospective students and their families to ensure they receive accurate information and assistance through the admission process.
- Plan, organize, and staff special events on campus, including but not limited to orientations, open houses, group visits, and presentations for community organizations and school partners.
- Collect and organize data, prepare reports that document activities and student progress, and provide other information regarding recruitment and outreach as needed.
International Student Support
- Assist with the development of marketing materials to promote programs and services to better serve the needs of the changing demographics.
- Develop and conduct bilingual and/or audience appropriate presentations to RRCC contact schools, agencies, and businesses.
- Act as a liaison for students as they navigate their education at RRCC.
Starting salary: $20,554/annual (This position is part time, 20 hours per week and not benefit eligible)
How to Apply:
Complete applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday January 01, 2019. To apply for this position, click the button below and complete an application, including the following:
- A cover letter (specially addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications for this position)
- A resume
- You will be asked for the contact information (email and phone number) for three professional references in the application
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at: http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report please contact 303.914.6494.