Office Specialist - Campus Life
Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for an Office Specialist position to join our Student Support Services.
Red Rocks Community College is dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. (See: http://www.rrcc.edu/diversity) We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Position Summary: The Office Specialist provides administrative support to and coordination of functions for the Campus Life Department. The position completes administrative tasks ranging from processing of payments to vendors, event coordination to providing support to staff and students.
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- One year administrative, clerical assistant or customer service experience.
- Associates degree in general studies or an AAS
- One year of experience in processing event scheduling
- One year of experience supervising employees
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies:
- The ability to communicate effectively both in written and verbal forms
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software
- Assist in the development of the department’s semester master calendar of events; ensure events are posted on campus life staff calendars. Collect, produce, update, modify and correct information and files to be used for scheduling of all campus life rooms.
- Assist with event logistics, including food and supply coordination and purchasing; update event attendance database, coordinate student honors and awards. Assist the Director with the planning and implementation of commencement
- Hire and supervise the student life front desk staff. Includes recruitment, training, scheduling, assignment of tasks, ongoing feedback and performance evaluations. Support student’s professional development and achievement of learning outcomes.
- Provide information for department staff as requested; prioritize work based on department mission and goals, needs of staff, and external requests. Contribute to department reports, including month and annual reports, and assessment reports.
- Input, manage, and monitor budget expenditures; retain financial documents for all department expenditures. Assist with all purchasing within the Department. Complete official function forms, purchase orders and monthly reconciliation.
- Analyze and resolve routine and urgent problems as they relate to campus-wide events, room scheduling, office management, financial paperwork..
- Identify and order needed supplies and materials for department and student use, including office supplies, paper products, and food.
- Coordinate student and staff travel arrangements.
- Answer office telephone; respond to requests in a timely manner; provide clerical support for the Director.
- Serve on college-wide committees, attend All-College meetings, Student Success Division meetings and professional development, Campus Life team meetings and trainings, Student Life staff meetings, and other committees or duties as determined by the Director.
Starting Salary: $33,396 - 37,571/annual
To Apply – Complete applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday April 22, 2018. To apply for this position, please click the button below and complete an application including the following:
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position
- A resume
- Contact information (email and phone number) for three references will be asked for in the application.
- Applications must be submitted electronically through Red Rocks Community College employment online: http://jobs.rrcc.edu
Connect daily and make a difference in the lives of thousands of students working to earn an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or a Master’s degree at Red Rocks Community College (RRCC). RRCC has two campuses: our main campus in Lakewood, Colorado and our newly expanded campus in Arvada, Colorado. Red Rocks is Colorado’s premier community college and the fourth largest in the state, serving over 15,000 students each year. RRCC is the first community college in the nation to offer a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies and the first in Colorado to offer a Bachelor’s degree in Water Quality Management.
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at: http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report please contact 303.914.6494.