Marketing & Communications Support Specialist
Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for a full time Marketing & Communications Support Specialist.
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. (See: http://www.rrcc.edu/diversity) We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Connect daily and make a difference in the lives of thousands of students working to earn an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or a Master’s degree at Red Rocks Community College (RRCC). RRCC has two campuses: our main campus in Lakewood, Colorado and our newly expanded campus in Arvada, Colorado. Red Rocks is Colorado’s premier community college and the fourth largest in the state, serving over 15,000 students each year. RRCC is the first community college in the nation to offer a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies and the first in Colorado to offer a Bachelor’s degree in Water Quality Management.
Position Summary: This position performs a broad range of administrative duties in support of the Marketing and Communications department. The position supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication and operations.
- Associates Degree
- Two (2) years general office, customer service, data entry, bookkeeping experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One (1) year experience in Marketing and Communications
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skill in communicating effectively in oral and written form
- Skill in grammar, writing and proofreading
- Ability to create spending plans in accordance with budget
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite software and the ability to utilize computer technology for communication, data gathering, and reporting activities
- Coordinate events, make room and space arrangements. Carryout all mailings, execute catering and AV requests, schedule meeting rooms, event set-up, staff any periodic and annual events. Maintain advertising deadlines and department calendars, and administrative tasks.
- Distribute electronic press releases, maintain media contact lists, proofread copy, and assist team members with content and copy.
- Serve as first point of contact for the office. Responsible for providing information on marketing and responding to general inquiries from visitors/students/staff.
- Maintain department budget and monitor expenses against budget. Make P-Card purchases, complete and submit purchase requisitions, perform budget reallocation (IDI’s), compile and submit department P-Card reports. Correspond with vendors regarding quotes, invoices, and contracts. Complete official function forms, purchase orders and monthly reconciliation.
- Identify and order supplies and materials for department including office supplies.
Starting salary: $42,118
To Apply – Complete applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday September 23, 2018. To apply for this position, please click the button below and complete an application including the following:
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position
- A resume
- Contact information (email and phone number) for three references will be asked for in the application.
- Applications must be submitted electronically through Red Rocks Community College employment online: http://jobs.rrcc.edu
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at: http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report please contact 303.914.6494.