Library Instruction Assistant - Library Science Graduate Students Only
Variable Hour – Library Instruction Assistant
Red Rocks Community College, Lakewood, Colorado
$16.00/ hour- 20-24 hours per week
The Library Instruction Assistants provide research help and staff coverage, teach library instruction sessions, and work on special projects at RRCC’s Lakewood and Arvada campuses. This position requires a flexible schedule, including some weekday evenings (until 9:00 pm, Mondays-Thursdays) and occasional Saturdays (8:00 am – 4:00 pm). The Library Instruction Assistant report to the Instruction Librarian.
Duties of the position:
- Teach library instruction to English and Communication courses on an ongoing basis;
- Provide research help to RRCC students, faculty, and staff via in-person reference, telephone reference, email, and IM reference (AskAcademic);
- Collaborate with the Instruction Librarian to create curriculum materials, including research guides, assessment tools, and tutorials;
- Assist with other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Must be currently enrolled or accepted as a graduate student in a library science program;
- Experience or interest in information literacy;
- Knowledge of major Microsoft Office software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Knowledge of web-based applications (social media, cloud-based media storage, videoconferencing programs, and learning management systems);
- Completed coursework in reference and/or relevant experience.
- Coursework in library instruction, including knowledge of library instruction assessment methods;
- Interest in working in an academic and/or health sciences library.
- Interest in data collection, reporting and data visualization.
For questions about this position, please contact Julia.Bordeaux@rrcc.edu.
Click the link below to apply for this position!
Notes on Variable Hour Employment: Variable-Hour employees are ‘At-Will’ and their employment is not contractually ensured. Variable-Hour employees are required to establish and contribute to a Colorado Public Employees Retirement Account and they will not contribute to Social Security under this classification. Variable-hour employees are permitted to work only 28 hours per week at schedules defined by their supervisors.