Lead Child Care Licensing Specialist
Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for a full time Lead Child Care Licensing Specialist.
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. (See: http://www.rrcc.edu/diversity) We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Connect daily and make a difference in the lives of thousands of students working to earn an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or a Master’s degree at Red Rocks Community College (RRCC). RRCC has two campuses: our main campus in Lakewood, Colorado and our newly expanded campus in Arvada, Colorado. Red Rocks is Colorado’s premier community college and the fourth largest in the state, serving over 15,000 students each year. RRCC is the first community college in the nation to offer a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies and the first in Colorado to offer a Bachelor’s degree in Water Quality Management.
Position Summary: To assist in the coordination of the contract for the provision of licensing services to child care facilities in accordance with rules and regulations established by the Colorado Child Care Licensing Act.
- In accordance with established departmental policies and procedures, as well as State guidelines, visits facilities for the purposes of inspection and related applicant investigation of prospective facilities, inspection and monitoring of facilities as required for maintenance and continuation of license, as well as complaint investigations.
- Assists in assignment of caseloads, scheduling, training, and support of Child Care Licensing Specialists. Meets with staff as appropriate and provides consultation and assistance as needed to meet contractual obligations and specifications. Models high standards of professional and ethical conduct in accordance with college, departmental, and funder expectations.
- Compiles all documentation required by the State for licensure. This includes completion and submission of typed reports of inspection in a manner prescribed by the State. Completes and submits department required reports. Assists in preparing documentation and representation as needed for hearings related to child care facilities.
- Disseminates information regarding the licensing process, the rules governing facilities, and the legal requirements for licensure. This may include community presentations, participation in meetings and events, submission of articles, and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or related field. May substitute experience on a year for year basis if Colorado Large Center Director Qualified
- Two years working directly with children in a regulated child care facility.
- One year of related supervisory experience, and two years as a Child Care Licensing Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on early childhood education or a related field
- NARA Credential
- Five or more years in human care licensing plus experience as a licensed family child care provider, Early Childhood Teacher, or Center Director
- Technical writing skills, knowledge of quality rating and improvement systems, knowledge related to use of databases used for child welfare and child care licensing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of adverse action processes, Stage II reporting, complaint investigations, and surveillance.
- Demonstrated documentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Colorado rules and regulations for child care facilities.
- Knowledge of MS computer applications.
Starting salary: $51,500 - $53,000/annual
To Apply – Complete applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday September 30, 2018. To apply for this position, please click the button below and complete an application including the following:
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position
- A resume
- Contact information (email and phone number) for three references will be asked for in the application.
- Applications must be submitted electronically through Red Rocks Community College employment online: http://jobs.rrcc.edu
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at: http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report please contact 303.914.6494.