IDEA Institute Innovation Manager
Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for a full time IDEA Institute Innovation Manager.
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. (See: http://www.rrcc.edu/diversity) We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Connect daily and make a difference in the lives of thousands of students working to earn an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or a Master’s degree at Red Rocks Community College (RRCC). RRCC has two campuses: our main campus in Lakewood, Colorado and our newly expanded campus in Arvada, Colorado. Red Rocks is Colorado’s premier community college and the fourth largest in the state, serving over 15,000 students each year. RRCC is the first community college in the nation to offer a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies and the first in Colorado to offer a Bachelor’s degree in Water Quality Management.
Position Summary: The Innovation Manager is responsible for assisting the IDEA Institute in the creation and sustaining of an innovative, interdisciplinary learning environment. The Manager provides orientation to users, workshops and programs to support the development of innovation skills and identifies and provides opportunities for students to integrate into innovation opportunities in the community. The Manager supports IT and other technology in the IDEA Lab.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field
- Substitution: An equivalent combination of education (minimum of 24 college credit hours in technology related courses ) and experience.
- Three-years of work experience in a technology-related field
- One year of demonstrated experience in small business management and/or business start-up
- An Associate’s degree in a technology-related discipline
- Membership in or experience working in diverse communities and supporting the success of students and staff from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in the College.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of digital media platforms (website development, podcasting, or other communications tools) as demonstrated by one-year of previous experience
- Skills in entrepreneurship as demonstrated by launching at least one new business venture in the past year
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to take initiative to problem-solve with minimum supervision
- A level of communication skills to provide information directly to individuals and groups.
- Support students in their development of innovation skills by developing workshops such as fundraising for start-ups (i.e., Kickstarter campaigns), new digital media communications (i.e., podcasting, electronic portfolios), and preparing for the High School and/or NSF Community College Innovation Challenge.
- Create new immersion opportunities for students such as internships and projects with start-ups, small businesses and/or community organizations. Connect the IDEA Institute with the greater innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem in metro-area Denver.
- Coordinate digital media communications to support IDEA Lab students and projects
- Support IT and other technology in the IDEA Lab. Coordinate technology deployment needed to support work of the IDEA Lab
- Develop and deliver orientation to the IDEA Lab to classes and student groups
- Represent the IDEA Institute at on-campus and off-campus events. Events would include the Denver Start-up Week and Makerfaires such as Denver StartUp Week, Boulder StartUp Week, etc.
Starting salary: $41,108
To Apply – Complete applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday September 23, 2018. To apply for this position, please click the button below and complete an application including the following:
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position
- A resume
- Contact information (email and phone number) for three references will be asked for in the application.
- Applications must be submitted electronically through Red Rocks Community College employment online: http://jobs.rrcc.edu
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at: http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report please contact 303.914.6494.