Financial Aid Advisor
Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for a full time Financial Aid Advisor to join our Student Success Services team!
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. (See: http://www.rrcc.edu/diversity) We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Connect daily and make a difference in the lives of thousands of students working to earn an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or a Master’s degree at Red Rocks Community College (RRCC). RRCC has two campuses: our main campus in Lakewood, Colorado and our newly expanded campus in Arvada, Colorado. Red Rocks is Colorado’s premier community college and the fourth largest in the state, serving over 15,000 students each year. RRCC is the first community college in the nation to offer a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies and the first in Colorado to offer a Bachelor’s degree in Water Quality Management.
Position Summary: Provide federal, state, institutional, and private financial aid to eligible students to enable them to access higher education. Each program must be administered using the rules, regulations, and guidelines of each funding source.
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution
- Two years of professional student financial aid experience in a higher education setting
- Two years of experience with online student information systems
- Two years of experience in student relations
- Membership in or experience working in diverse communities and supporting the success of students and staff from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in the College
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service skills
- Ability to logically analyze data
- Thorough knowledge of computerized financial aid processing and records system management
- Strong interpersonal skills and knowledge of basic counseling skills
Description of Position:
- Provides excellent customer service while conveying information to current and prospective students and their families about the financial aid application process, eligibility requirements, available aid, and student rights and responsibilities, including outreach to local high schools, community organizations, and other RRCC departments.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of federal, state and institutional regulations in order to review financial aid applications for accuracy. Exercises professional judgment and processes necessary corrections. Determines student financial aid eligibility and authorizes awards from federal, state, institutional, and private programs in compliance with all rules, regulations, and guidelines. Certifies student loan applications. Revises awards as individual circumstances change.
- Manages or may assist in managing one or more specialized areas of financial aid processing (Loans, SAP, Scholarships, R2T4, Dataload).
- In unison with the Director and Associate Director, develops and implements automated processes for financial aid programs, including the creation or modification of necessary reports. Works with colleagues as a team to create or modify handbooks, brochures, and manuals for all office procedures and financial aid programs.
- Participates on committees with colleagues at the Colorado Community College System office to improve system-wide processes. Attends conferences, seminars, and workshops to stay abreast of new regulations and procedures. Serves on campus committees.
- Supervise professional and clerical staff in the absence of the Director or Associate Director.
Starting salary: $41,108/annual
How to Apply:
Complete applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday January 01, 2019. To apply for this position, click the button below and complete an application, including the following:
- A cover letter (specially addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications for this position)
- A resume
- You will be asked for the contact information (email and phone number) for three professional references in the application
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at: http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report please contact 303.914.6494.