Faculty - Nurse Aide
This position is faculty appointment and exists to perform instruction-related duties and responsibilities and program direction for the Nursing programs at the College in accordance with the philosophy, policies, and procedures of the Colorado Community College System for the Nurse Aide, Nurse Refresher and Integrated Nursing Pathway programs at Red Rocks Community College.
Teaching: Teach courses in the NUA, Nurse Refresher and Integrated Nursing Pathway (INP) programs. Teach day, evening, weekend, and/or distance courses in accordance with approved course of study or outline utilizing traditional and alternative methods of instruction (including computer-aided, on-line, distance learning, self-paced, interdisciplinary, etc.) where appropriate. Coordinate class structure and organization, prepare course materials, demonstrate and maintain currency in the discipline and in teaching methodology, present instructional material effectively, maintain professional and courteous interaction with students and employees, and demonstrate sensitivity to different learning styles. Hold regular office hours, encourage student engagement and student achievement, utilize assessment data to facilitate student learning, document teaching and curriculum changes based on assessment results, incorporate course, program, and college student learning outcomes into teaching, utilize student retention strategies, integrate technology into course work as appropriate to the discipline. Assist with program and plan development and maintenance, coordinate instructional programs as assigned, review, coordinate, and recommend textbooks and/or class materials. Comply with college procedures pertaining to grading and record keeping, assist in maintaining inventory control of equipment, tools, and supplies required for classes, and in requesting repair and/or replacement for the equipment according to division regulations. Participate in various college, system, and/or professional activities intended to develop the faculty member and enhance his/her ability to teach effectively. Ensure program and staff regulatory compliance with DORA and other relevant agencies.
Service: Oversee the academic and administrative goals and outcomes for Nurse Aide (NUA), Nurse Refresher and the Integrated Nursing Pathway (INP) programs. Manage hiring and development of part-time faculty to promote continuous improvement in didactic and clinical components.
- Conduct classroom observations and provide performance feedback for part-time faculty.
- Develop and communicate program policies and procedures to staff and students. Assure the integrity of the established standards and procedures.
- Provide academic and behavioral advising to students to facilitate successful outcomes
- Manages program curriculum development, review, evaluation, updates, and revisions.
- Oversees curriculum delivery via proper scheduling and staffing of courses, managing textbook/lab supplies, and licensing/maintenance of equipment.
Serve as the college representative on a local board or commission; make community and/or professional presentations and serve as a liaison to local schools.
Participate in various college, system, and/or professional activities intended for professional development to develop the faculty member and to enhance the faculty member’s contribution to the mission and goals of the department and institution.
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited academic institution
- Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Colorado.
- Ability to obtain the appropriate CTE credential upon hire.
- Have at least two years of nursing experience in caring for the elderly and/or chronically ill of any age of which at least one year must be in the provision of services in a long-term care facility.
- Coursework completed in teaching adults or documented experience in teaching adults. Substitution: One year full time experience managing nurse aides
- Proficient understanding of Nursing education and licensure regulations and guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to teach students using traditional and alternative methods of instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the classroom where appropriate.
- Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Proficient in curriculum development, supervision, instruction, evaluation, and academic advising.
- Experience with a wide range of students at the community college level or in a comparable setting. A strong commitment to effective teaching at the community college and an understanding of its philosophy, role and mission.
- Experience working with diverse populations.
Salary: RRCC offers a flexible work environment and this position can be negotiated as a 9 month (164 day) or 10.5 month (220 day) contract. Salary will depend on contract.
To Apply – Complete applications must be received by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday October 31, 2017. To apply for this position please create and submit a single document (Word or PDF) containing your cover letter and resume by clicking the link below. Your cover letter should address how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for the position. Failure to submit both a resume and cover letter will most likely result in the rejection of your application.
You will admire the friendly culture of our campus and be inspired by our team environment and dedicated employees. Additionally, we offer:
- Attractive health, dental, vision, life, and flexible savings options; we will also help you build your retirement savings via our defined benefit or defined contribution plans.
- An opportunity to become a lifelong-learner and enjoy considerable savings for the college education of your dependents through our tuition reimbursement program.
For a complete overview of our benefits, please visit the benefits section of our website. www.rrcc.edu/human-resources/benefits-information
Enjoy helping others? Want a career that makes a difference, not just a profit?
Connect daily and make a difference in the lives of thousands of students working to earn an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or a Master’s degree at Red Rocks Community College (RRCC). RRCC has two campuses: our main campus in Lakewood, Colorado and our newly expanded campus in Arvada, Colorado. Red Rocks is Colorado’s premier community college and the fourth largest in the state, serving over 15,000 students each year. RRCC is the first community college in the nation to offer a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies and the first in Colorado to offer a Bachelor’s degree in Water Quality Management.
This position is located on the 140-acre, beautifully landscaped, Lakewood main campus, high in the foothills, with views looking along the Front Range to Boulder and beyond. Just minutes from downtown Denver, with dedicated RTD light-rail and bus stops, commuting is quick and easy. At Lakewood, RRCC offers employee access to an on-campus coffee shop and cafeteria, an on-campus children’s center, health clinic, recreational facilities, and a brand new 38,000 square foot recreation center, complete with climbing wall, a large gym with basketball courts, state of the art fitness equipment, and full locker rooms to make your transition back to work easy and efficient. RRCC also offers tuition assistance for full-time employees and most dependents, for classes within the 13-college, state-wide Colorado Community College System.
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at: http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report please contact 303.914.6494.
Job Status: Full Time