Faculty - Multimedia Graphic Design/Photography
Position Title - Faculty, Multimedia Graphic Design/Photography
Campus Location - Lakewood, Colorado
Primary Physical Work Address - 13300 West Sixth Avenue Lakewood Colorado 80228
Salary - $47,047 - $55,012/annual*
(*Subject to any increase in the faculty salary initial placement schedule for the 2019 – 20 academic year)
Starting Pay Rate - Starting salary is commensurate with education and experience
Anticipated Start Date - August 2019
FLSA Status - This position is not eligible for overtime
Opening Date - January 18, 2019
Closing Date - February 17, 2019
Job Type - This is a full-time, 164 day appointment
Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for a full time faculty position to join our Multimedia Graphic Design/Photography Department beginning in the Fall 2019 Semester
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness and welcome you to visit the RRCC Inclusion & Diversity webpage for additional information. Visit - https://www.rrcc.edu/about-us/our-mission and https://www.rrcc.edu/diversity for information.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Department Information & Mission:
Red Rocks Community College's Multimedia Department (MGD) presents a range of certificates and degrees in Graphic Design, Photography, Video Productions and Journalism. Our program provide cutting edge learning outcome and opportunities for students in pursue of their creative careers. Our faculty is devoted to providing better experiences to fit your needs. We strive to help students find their creative talents, and open their minds to a beautiful world of design processes and applications. Whether you plan to work for a business, improve your person or professional skills, or launch into industry as an entrepreneur, MGD wants you to feel confident and ready to succeed.
The mission of the Multimedia & Graphic Design department at Red Rocks Community College is to provide students with relevant and real world training in media and design production experience through use of current technical, creative, and software trends to prepare students entering the commercial arts workforce.
Summary of Position:
Perform instruction-related duties and responsibilities and program coordination and direction for the Multimedia Graphic Design/Photography program at the College in accordance with the philosophy, policies, and procedures of the Colorado Community College System and Red Rocks Community College. A faculty assignment is comprised of two parts, one being at least one-half duties as a teacher and the other is professional development and service obligations, which may include program coordination/development.
- Associate degree and a minimum of 2000 hours of work/training in Multimedia Graphic Design/Photography within the last seven (7) years.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Colorado Vocational Credential
- One year professional experience that demonstrates expertise in multimedia graphic design and professional photography
- Baccalaureate or Master’s degree in Multimedia Graphic Design/Photography or related field from an academic institution accredited in the United States.
- Five years of professional MGD/Photography industry experience.
- Experience teaching in a community college or trade school setting.
- Membership in or experience working in diverse communities and supporting the success of students and staff from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in the College.
- Experience with a wide range of students at the community college level or in a comparable setting.
- Experience in program and curriculum development
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Proficiency in commercial photography, Adobe CC Applications, Graphic design, video production, journalism and basic web development.
Preferred Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Professional recognitions for work in commercial photography and multimedia graphic design.
Description of Position:
Teach courses in the Multimedia Graphic Design/Photography program. Teach day, evening, and/or weekend, courses in accordance with approved course of study or outline utilizing traditional and alternative methods of instruction (including computer-aided, on-line, distance learning, self-paced, interdisciplinary, etc.) where appropriate.
- Coordinate class structure and organization, prepare course materials, demonstrate and maintain currency in the discipline and in teaching methodology, present instructional material effectively.
- Maintain professional and courteous interaction with students and employees, and demonstrate sensitivity to different learning styles.
- Hold regular office hours, encourage student engagement and student achievement, utilize assessment data to facilitate student learning.
- Document teaching and curriculum changes based on assessment results, incorporate course, program, and college student learning outcomes into teaching, utilize student retention strategies and integrate technology into course work as appropriate to the discipline.
- Assist with program and plan development and maintenance, coordinate instructional programs as assigned.
- Review, coordinate, and recommend textbooks and/or class materials.
- Comply with college procedures pertaining to grading and record keeping.
- Assist in maintaining inventory control of equipment, tools, and supplies required for classes, and in requesting repair and/or replacement for the equipment according to division regulations.
- Participate in various college, system, and/or professional activities intended to develop the faculty member and enhance his/her ability to teach effectively.
- Ensure program and staff regulatory compliance with CTE requirements.
Fulfill the mission and goals of the College outside of the classroom. Components may include but are not limited to:
- Departmental service, including conducting classroom observations and providing performance feedback for part-time faculty; developing and communicating program policies and procedures to staff and students to assure the integrity of the established college and safety standards and procedures.
- Curriculum coordination and development; develop and evaluate curriculum in relation to community needs and recommending changes as appropriate.
- Assist in class scheduling and college catalog review.
- Assist with or assume department chair duties.
- Conduct advising and outreach activities; assist with concurrent enrollment; undertake administrative assignments and committee work.
- Attend departmental meetings and, when appropriate plan and attend advisory meetings; participate in system, college-wide and campus committee work including assisting in recruiting and interviewing potential full-time faculty and part-time instructors.
- Sponsor and participate in student activities and attend college activities and events.
Additional activities may include performing administrative tasks to maintain program excellence including but not limited to:
- Evaluate graduation applications and prior learning assessment applications.
- Schedule class offerings for each semester.
- Maintain course sequence plans for each degree and certificate offered.
- Conduct annual and five-year program reviews.
- Hold advisory committee meetings twice each year to receive feedback from local agency partners and employers.
- Participate in strategic planning, program assessment and accreditation activities as required by the college.
- Serve as the college representative on a local board or commission; make community or professional presentations; serve as a liaison to local schools and serve as an elected or appointed member of local boards.
- Participation in various college system, and/or professional activities intended to develop the faculty member and enhance his/her ability to contribute to the mission and goals of the department and institution.
How to Apply:
Complete applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday February 17, 2019. To apply for this position, click the button below and complete an application, including the following:
- A cover letter describing your professional experiences and addressing the required and preferred qualifications.
- A curriculum vitae or resume.
- Transcripts (unofficial) of undergraduate and graduate level course work,
- A teaching philosophy statement (limited to one page).
- A statement detailing how your teaching, service and/or work experience has supported the success of students from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in their field and the College; applicants who have not yet had the opportunity for such experience should note how their work will further Red Rocks Community College’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Professional Portfolio
Additional upload sections are available in the application to include optional attachments such as:
- Letters of recommendation.
- Copies of recent (within past two years) student opinion of instruction.
- Any evidence of teaching effectiveness.
Please note the following prior to beginning your application:
- Your application progress cannot be saved. If you exit prior to submitting your materials, you will need to restart the application.
- As a part of the application process, you will be asked to provide the name, phone number, and email address of three professional references. References will only be contacted for candidates at the second level interview stage.
- You will be required to attach a cover letter, cv/resume, copy of undergraduate transcripts, copy of graduate transcripts and teaching philosophy. Your cover letter should describe your professional experiences and address the required and preferred qualifications.
- Once you submit your application, you will no longer have an opportunity to review or make changes.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been received.
RRCC offers a range of benefit choices (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance, Supplemental Retirement Plans, PERA, Disability Benefits, and more). For additional information, please click here, https://internal.cccs.edu/human-resources/employee-benefits/.
The Assessment Process:
Red Rocks Community College utilizes selection and/or search committees in the hiring process for vacant positions. The committee will review all applications received by the closing deadline listed on this announcement to determine if applicants meet required qualifications. The committee will complete a secondary review of applications that meet required qualifications to determine applicants that align more closely with the listed qualifications. The top applicants from this assessment process receive an invite for the first round of committee interviews.
Be sure your application materials specifically address your qualifications, experience, work products, and accomplishments, as they relate to the position responsibilities, required qualifications, and preferred qualifications sections of this announcement. Upload additional documents, if necessary, to fully explain your experience and qualifications as they relate to this position. Failure to include adequate information or follow instructions and apply by the listed submission deadline, may result in your application not being accepted for this position, and may affect your inclusion as a qualified candidate at any stage in the search/selection process for this position.
An unofficial copy of transcripts must be submitted at the time of application. Assessment is required for Transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States for U.S. equivalency by a NACES educational credential evaluation service. This documentation is the responsibility of the applicant and must be included as part of your application materials. Failure to provide a transcript or credential evaluation report may result in the rejection of your application and you will not be continued in the search/selection process for this position announcement. If selected as the finalist for the position, official transcripts are required as a condition of employment.
Necessary Special Requirements:
Must submit to and successfully complete a pre-employment background check as a condition of hire. Felony convictions or conviction of crimes of moral turpitude or convictions of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from consideration for this position. Should your background check reveal any charges and convictions, it is your responsibility to provide RRCC Office of Human Resources with an official disposition of the charges.
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College Security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses,