Early Childhood Workforce Specialist
Position Title - Early Childhood Workforce Specialist
Primary Work Location - 13300 West Sixth Avenue Lakewood Colorado 80228
Salary - $35,700/annual
Starting Pay Rate - Starting salary is not negotiable
Anticipated Start Date - July 2019
FLSA Status - This position is not eligible for overtime
Closing Date - June 23, 2019
Job Type - Full Time
Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for a full time Early Childhood Workforce Specialist to join our Child Care Innovations team.
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness and welcome you to visit the RRCC Inclusion & Diversity webpage for additional information. Visit - https://www.rrcc.edu/about-us/our-mission and https://www.rrcc.edu/diversity for information.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Department Information & Mission:
Child Care Innovations is a department of Red Rocks Community College managing diverse funding provided by state, federal, county, private contracts, and fees. Child Care Innovations operates the Child Care Resource and Referral Agency, serving Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Douglas, Gilpin, Jefferson, and Park counties.
Child Care Innovations' mission is to help improve quality, access, availability, and equity in early childhood services and supports. We do this through the provision of regulatory services, training and support for caregivers and early childhood professionals, advocacy, and innovative community partnerships that promote the importance of early childhood experiences and the connection to school readiness and the overall health of families and communities.
Summary of Position:
Position is responsible for working with early childhood providers in workforce development through the Child Care Development Specialist Apprenticeship.
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education.
- Director’s Certificate or three (3) or more years working as a Licensed Family Child Care Provider.
- Two years of experience working with early learning providers.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education or Workforce Development.
- Director’s Certificate or three (3) or more years working as a Licensed Family Child Care Provider and Early Childhood Intermediate Trainer Credential.
- Membership in or experience working in diverse communities and supporting the success of students and staff from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in the College.
- Three (3) years of experience working with early learning providers.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
Description of Position:
Conduct on site visits with early learning professionals to support on the job learning and education related to apprenticeship:
- Assist apprentice in obtaining the skills and knowledge necessary for Early Learning employment.
- Work with management to assure apprentice is provided the opportunity to obtain skills in the competency areas, and that the work site is following established standards.
- Participate in the applicant review and interview process
Collect and manage program related data
- Gather data on hours of participation and outcomes of processes.
- Provide initial determination as to whether completed coursework and professional development, and any previous work experience acquired by the apprentice aligns with the standards and could be accepted to help meet the requirements.
- Maintain all records of each apprentice including job learning and related instruction, job assignments, promotions, demotion.
- Monitor participation to assure maintenance of eligibility.
Collaborate with other coaches and staff to support early learning providers in completion of set goals.
Attendance at meetings and community events related to early learning workforce development and apprenticeship.
- Represent the apprenticeship program and present/provide information about the program
- Take in information that could inform resource development efforts as well as additions or revisions to the program.
- Facilitate meetings designed to generate interest in the program and to recruit apprentices or works sites.
Performs other duties as assigned to support departmental objectives of increasing access to high quality early childhood services. This includes, but is not limited to assistance in updating childcare facility profiles, participation and promotion of professional development opportunities, and general support of departmental operations.
How to Apply:
Complete applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday June 23, 2019. To apply for this position, click the button below and complete an application, including the following:
- A cover letter describing your professional experiences and addressing the required and preferred qualifications.
- A resume.
- Transcripts (unofficial), if applicable
Additional upload sections are available in the application to include optional attachments.
Please note the following prior to beginning your application:
Your application progress cannot be saved. If you exit prior to submitting your materials, you will need to restart the application.
- As a part of the application process, you will be asked to provide the name, phone number, and email address of three professional references. References will only be contacted for candidates at the second level interview stage.
- You will be required to attach a cover letter, resume, and transcripts. Your cover letter should describe your professional experiences and address the required and preferred qualifications.
- Once you submit your application, you will no longer have an opportunity to review or make changes.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been received.
RRCC offers a range of benefit choices (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance, Supplemental Retirement Plans, PERA, Disability Benefits, and more). For additional information, please click here, https://internal.cccs.edu/human-resources/employee-benefits/.
The Assessment Process:
Red Rocks Community College utilizes selection and/or search committees in the hiring process for vacant positions. The committee will review all applications received by the closing deadline listed on this announcement to determine if applicants meet required qualifications. The committee will complete a secondary review of applications that meet required qualifications to determine applicants that align more closely with the listed qualifications. The top applicants from this assessment process receive an invite for the first round of committee interviews.
Be sure your application materials specifically address your qualifications, experience, work products, and accomplishments, as they relate to the position responsibilities, required qualifications, and preferred qualifications sections of this announcement. Upload additional documents, if necessary, to fully explain your experience and qualifications as they relate to this position. Failure to include adequate information or follow instructions and apply by the listed submission deadline, may result in your application not being accepted for this position, and may affect your inclusion as a qualified candidate at any stage in the search/selection process for this position.
An unofficial copy of transcripts must be submitted at the time of application. Assessment is required for Transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States for U.S. equivalency by a NACES educational credential evaluation service. This documentation is the responsibility of the applicant and must be included as part of your application materials. Failure to provide a transcript or credential evaluation report may result in the rejection of your application and you will not be continued in the search/selection process for this position announcement. If selected as the finalist for the position, official transcripts are required as a condition of employment.
Necessary Special Requirements:
Must submit to and successfully complete a pre-employment background check as a condition of hire. Felony convictions or conviction of crimes of moral turpitude or convictions of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from consideration for this position. Should your background check reveal any charges and convictions, it is your responsibility to provide RRCC Office of Human Resources with an official disposition of the charges.
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and/or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Red Rocks Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and/or participation in vocational education programs.
RRCC has designated Arnie Oudenhoven as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. Report all concerns or complaints relating to discrimination or harassment to the Title IX/EO Coordinator(s). For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven Executive Director, HR, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228, phone 303.914.6298, email email@example.com or Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources/Deputy Title IX Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228, phone 303.914.6224, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 844-3417.Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College Security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report, please contact 303.914.6494.