Early Care & Education Site Coach
Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for a full time Early Care & Education Site Coach position to join our Child Care Innovations team.
Red Rocks Community College is dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. (See: http://www.rrcc.edu/diversity) We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Position Summary: To develop an on-site, learning-focused relationship with assigned early childhood education providers to assist in the improvement of child outcomes through improved program quality.
- At least 30 credit hours in the early childhood field or Director’s Certificate from a regionally accredited college, or ability to complete within 90 days of hire
- Must have been licensed as a family child care provider or hold a Colorado Large Center Director Qualification letter
- Three years working in the early childhood field as a licensed family child care provider, Early Childhood Teacher, or Center Director
- Associate’s degree in Early Childhood or closely related field
- Certification on one or more Early Childhood Environment Rating tools
- Five or more years in a quality rated or accredited child care facility
- Verifiable experience coaching and/or training adults
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Effective problem solving skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work in diverse program setting with diverse populations
- Demonstrated knowledge related to components of various early learning program assessment tools and processes including ECERS, ITERS and/or FCCERS
- Provide on-site coaching to increase early learning staff’s capacity to implement best practices designed to support the functioning of the program and children’s development. This includes, but is not limited to, observations and feedback, assisting in developing, implementing, and tracking progress on a quality improvement plan based on rating and/or other program assessment data.
- Assists early learning staff in understanding the goals, structure, and expectations of the designated quality improvement initiative and how the criteria relates to program goals and approach to early care and education.
- As directed, works collaboratively with other coaches, staff, and team members of specific initiatives, and funders. This includes data collection as well as completion of required funder and departmental reports
- Provide technical assistance, by phone and/or email, to licensed child care facilities or families seeking child care
To Apply – Complete applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday October 28, 2018. To apply for this position, please click the button below and complete an application including the following:
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position
- A resume
- Contact information (email and phone number) for three references will be asked for in the application.
- Applications must be submitted electronically through Red Rocks Community College employment online: http://jobs.rrcc.edu
Connect daily and make a difference in the lives of thousands of students working to earn an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or a Master’s degree at Red Rocks Community College (RRCC). RRCC has two campuses: our main campus in Lakewood, Colorado and our newly expanded campus in Arvada, Colorado. Red Rocks is Colorado’s premier community college and the fourth largest in the state, serving over 15,000 students each year. RRCC is the first community college in the nation to offer a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies and the first in Colorado to offer a Bachelor’s degree in Water Quality Management.
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at: http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report please contact 303.914.6494.