Director of Student Health / PA-C
Position Title - Director of Student Health / PA-C
Primary Work Location - 13300 West Sixth Avenue Lakewood Colorado 80228
Salary - $74,774/annual
Starting Pay Rate - Starting salary is not negotiable
Anticipated Start Date - August 2019
FLSA Status - Exempt; this position is not eligible for overtime
Closing Date - June 30, 2019
Job Type - This is a 75% appointment (195 days or 30 hours per week)
Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for a Director of Student Health – PA-C to join our Student Success team.
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness and welcome you to visit the RRCC Inclusion & Diversity webpage for additional information. Visit - https://www.rrcc.edu/about-us/our-mission and https://www.rrcc.edu/diversity for information.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
The Student Health & Counseling Centers are located at both the Lakewood and the Arvada Campuses. The Student Health & Counseling Centers are medical centers staffed by certified and licensed medical providers. We provide nearly all general medical care that would be similar to visiting a Family Practice Clinic.
Summary of Position:
Under the general direction of the Director of Campus Life and the Medical Director of the Student Health clinics (SHC), provide direct patient care, leadership, direction, and management for the students of Red Rocks Community College at two health clinics: the Lakewood Campus Student Health Clinic and the Arvada Campus Student Health Clinic. Additionally direct, supervise and evaluate staff relative to areas of assignment.
- Bachelor degree plus successful completion of an ARC-PA accredited Physician Assistant Program
- NCCPA Certification, State of Colorado Physician Assistant License, NPI number
- Six (6) months experience as a PA or a minimum of 500 patient encounters with physician oversight
- Master’s Degree, Bachelors of Health Care Administration or similar experience with Management
- One year of experience as a PA or 1,000 patient encounters with physician oversight.
- One year of full time experience in Family Medicine, Adolescent Medicine, or Student Health. Additional experience with business and budget management, and experience with oversight, hiring, and training of administrative and medical staff.
- Membership in or experience working in diverse communities and supporting the success of students and staff from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in the College
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge and application of medical business practices and laws including FERPA and HIPPA compliance.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft word and Excel and readiness to be trained in additional computer programs such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Website Content Management
Description of Position:
Director of Student Health - Responsible for the daily administration and operation of the RRCC Student Health Clinics including oversight of Behavioral Health Services including but not limited to the following:
- Management of additional accounts and licensure necessary for the function of the SHC in accordance with RRCC purchasing and business policies such as for laboratory testing, diagnostic imaging services, pharmaceuticals, vaccinations, flu shots, and medical tests, and special services. Special services include management of MMCAP licensure, HIN membership, CLIA laboratory certifications, and others as needed to operate the clinic.
- General preparation and management of the clinic budget including management of clinic funding from all sources (may include charitable funds, grant money, etc.)
- Prepare, maintain and secure thorough, accurate and clear medical records in accordance with health standards and state/federal laws including HIPPA and FERPA.
Physician Assistant Responsibilities - Provide health care services to the students of RRCC at both the Lakewood and Arvada campuses providing the following scope of services, policies and protocols established and approved by the Medical Director including but not limited to the following:
- Perform complete male and female and RRCC Health Program physical exams
- Determine vaccination needs and provide immunizations
- Evaluate, diagnose, and treat patients within the scope of practice
- Make referrals to outside services when appropriate including mental health and specialty care
- Review laboratory results, imaging results, and other medical tests
- Create appropriate medical plan of care
- Prescribe medications as needed for medical treatment plan
- Perform minor surgical procedures and suturing within the established scope of practice
- Educate patients on diagnosed illness with appropriate follow up care instructions
- Provide wellness education and health counseling to students such as tobacco cessation counseling and exercise and diet counseling
- Prepare, maintain, and secure thorough, accurate, and clear medical records in accordance with health standards and state/federal laws
- Collect and analyze data regarding SHC utilization, visit types, no shows and the like to help with business purposes, programming, change in scope of practice, etc.
- Serve as a resource for the college on issues of health promotion, disease prevention, safety, and health advocacy
- Participate and/or act as a leader for appropriate health related committees and advisory boards on campus
- Review and appropriately revise administrative procedures and protocols for both clinics in accordance with CCCS and RRCC policies and procedures
- Review and appropriately revise clinical and operational policies and procedures in accordance with medical standard of care
How to Apply:
Complete applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday June 30, 2019. To apply for this position, click the button below and complete an application, including the following:
- A cover letter describing your professional experiences and addressing the required and preferred qualifications.
- A resume.
- Transcripts (unofficial).
Additional upload sections are available in the application to include optional attachments.
Please note the following prior to beginning your application:
Your application progress cannot be saved. If you exit prior to submitting your materials, you will need to restart the application.
- As a part of the application process, you will be asked to provide the name, phone number, and email address of three professional references. References will only be contacted for candidates at the second level interview stage.
- You will be required to attach a cover letter, resume, and transcripts. Your cover letter should describe your professional experiences and address the required and preferred qualifications.
- Once you submit your application, you will no longer have an opportunity to review or make changes.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been received.
RRCC offers a range of benefit choices (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance, Supplemental Retirement Plans, PERA, Disability Benefits, and more). For additional information, please click here, https://internal.cccs.edu/human-resources/employee-benefits/.
The Assessment Process:
Red Rocks Community College utilizes selection and/or search committees in the hiring process for vacant positions. The committee will review all applications received by the closing deadline listed on this announcement to determine if applicants meet required qualifications. The committee will complete a secondary review of applications that meet required qualifications to determine applicants that align more closely with the listed qualifications. The top applicants from this assessment process receive an invite for the first round of committee interviews.
Be sure your application materials specifically address your qualifications, experience, work products, and accomplishments, as they relate to the position responsibilities, required qualifications, and preferred qualifications sections of this announcement. Upload additional documents, if necessary, to fully explain your experience and qualifications as they relate to this position. Failure to include adequate information or follow instructions and apply by the listed submission deadline, may result in your application not being accepted for this position, and may affect your inclusion as a qualified candidate at any stage in the search/selection process for this position.
An unofficial copy of transcripts must be submitted at the time of application. Assessment is required for Transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States for U.S. equivalency by a NACES educational credential evaluation service. This documentation is the responsibility of the applicant and must be included as part of your application materials. Failure to provide a transcript or credential evaluation report may result in the rejection of your application and you will not be continued in the search/selection process for this position announcement. If selected as the finalist for the position, official transcripts are required as a condition of employment.
Necessary Special Requirements:
Must submit to and successfully complete a pre-employment background check as a condition of hire. Felony convictions or conviction of crimes of moral turpitude or convictions of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from consideration for this position. Should your background check reveal any charges and convictions, it is your responsibility to provide RRCC Office of Human Resources with an official disposition of the charges.
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and/or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Red Rocks Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and/or participation in vocational education programs.
RRCC has designated Arnie Oudenhoven as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. Report all concerns or complaints relating to discrimination or harassment to the Title IX/EO Coordinator(s). For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven Executive Director, HR, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228, phone 303.914.6298, email email@example.com or Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources/Deputy Title IX Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228, phone 303.914.6224, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 844-3417.Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College Security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report, please contact 303.914.6494.