Concurrent Enrollment Navigator
Position Title: Concurrent Enrollment Navigator
Campus Location: Lakewood, Colorado
Primary Physical Work Address: 13300 West Sixth Avenue Lakewood Colorado 80228
Starting Pay Rate: Starting Salary is not negotiable
Anticipated Start Date: September 2019
FLSA Status: Exempt, this position is not eligible for overtime.
Closing Date: Monday September 02, 2019
Job Type: Full Time
Benefits: RRCC offers a range of benefit choices (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance, Supplemental Retirement Plans, PERA, Disability Benefits, and more). For additional information, please click here.
Retirement: The Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA) provides retirement and other benefits to employees of the State of Colorado.
- Annual/Personal Days: 22.5 (180 hours)
- Sick Days: 15 (120 hours)
(Over 12 months, based on full time appointment accruals)
- Administrative Leave for Academic and Volunteer Activities: (18 hours per fiscal year)
- Holidays Observed: 10
Four Holidays are observed on an alternate schedule (Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and President’s Day). RRCC observes these holidays between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, resulting in campus being closed from Christmas Day through New Year’s Day, with eligible employees on Holiday Leave!
- Jury Leave
- Military Leave
Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for a full time Navigator to join our High School Relations Department.
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness and welcome you to visit the RRCC Inclusion & Diversity webpage for additional information. Visit - https://www.rrcc.edu/about-us/our-mission and https://www.rrcc.edu/diversity for information.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Department Information & Mission:
The mission of the Red Rocks Community College Concurrent Enrollment program is to provide high school students, secondary district partners, and RRCC academic departments with the support and resources necessary for high school students to achieve post-secondary learning opportunities. We strive to empower students towards successful completion of college-level coursework, leading to seamless career and academic guided pathways.
The Concurrent Enrollment Navigator provides coordination and oversight of student affairs to the Concurrent Enrollment program at Red Rocks Community College. The Navigator collaborates with the local high schools, and is the primary point of contact with participating teachers and high school counselors to ensure seamless day-to-day operations of high school programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Counseling, Education, or related field.
- One (1) year of full-time experience in a secondary, or post-secondary educational setting.
- One (1) year of work experience in a program specifically dedicated to serving a population that is ethnic, race, gender and social diversity, first generation and/or underserved student populations.
- Master’s Degree.
- One (1) year of higher education academic advising.
- One (1) year of professional working experience with a concurrent enrollment program.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, high school staff, college faculty and staff, other higher education institutions and the community.
- Ability to problem-solve effectively.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Banner.
Description of Position:
- Coordinate and oversee all student affairs aspects of concurrent enrollment programs, including assistance with the enrollment and management of concurrently enrolled students, working with partner schools and RRCC staff to ensure the completion and coordination of all application and registration processes with the outcomes of reducing student costs, completion times and financial barriers. Provide information to students about college pathway options, and work with parents to answer questions and provide assistance at RRCC for transition students.
- Serve as advisor to support students along a guided pathway. Provide academic advising to assist students with course selection; plan courses based on high school Individual Career and Academic Plan (ICAP) and post-secondary goals. Assist students with class registration and orientation at RRCC and/or high school site. Promote support initiatives for enrolled students (i.e. tutoring, Early Alert, Promotion of campus resources, etc.). Monitor and assist in resolving COF errors for Concurrent Enrollment students. Administer/arrange the Accuplacer test to students at high school sites; review results and placement levels with students.
- Conduct Info Nights to provide students with an overview of the Concurrent Enrollment program and assist qualified students with admission steps. Travel to partner high schools to make on site presentations and information. Prepare and deliver presentations focused on students interested in concurrent enrollment programs particularly on transfer-level coursework and Career and Technical Education (CTE) pathways.
- Develop materials associated with high school programs, including policies, procedures, forms, etc. in conjunction with the Concurrent Enrollment Team. Collaborate with Admissions and Outreach staff and campus Academic Advisors to develop retention initiatives for Concurrent Enrollment students continuing at RRCC after graduation. Assist in update of Concurrent Enrollment website. Special projects and other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
Complete applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Monday September 02, 2019. To apply for this position, click the button below and complete an application, including the following:
- A cover letter describing your professional experiences and addressing the required and preferred qualifications.
- A resume.
- Transcripts (unofficial), if applicable
Additional upload sections are available in the application to include optional attachments.
Please note the following prior to beginning your application:
- Your application progress cannot be saved. If you exit prior to submitting your materials, you will need to restart the application.
- As a part of the application process, you will be asked to provide the name, phone number, and email address of three professional references. References will only be contacted for candidates at the second level interview stage.
- You will be required to attach a cover letter, resume, and transcripts. Your cover letter should describe your professional experiences and address the required and preferred qualifications.
- Once you submit your application, you will no longer have an opportunity to review or make changes.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been received.
RRCC offers a range of benefit choices (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance, Supplemental Retirement Plans, PERA, Disability Benefits, and more). For additional information, please click here, https://internal.cccs.edu/human-resources/employee-benefits/.
The Assessment Process:
Red Rocks Community College utilizes selection and/or search committees in the hiring process for vacant positions. The committee will review all applications received by the closing deadline listed on this announcement to determine if applicants meet required qualifications. The committee will complete a secondary review of applications that meet required qualifications to determine applicants that align more closely with the listed qualifications. The top applicants from this assessment process receive an invite for the first round of committee interviews.
Be sure your application materials specifically address your qualifications, experience, work products, and accomplishments, as they relate to the position responsibilities, required qualifications, and preferred qualifications sections of this announcement. Upload additional documents, if necessary, to fully explain your experience and qualifications as they relate to this position. Failure to include adequate information or follow instructions and apply by the listed submission deadline, may result in your application not being accepted for this position, and may affect your inclusion as a qualified candidate at any stage in the search/selection process for this position.
An unofficial copy of transcripts must be submitted at the time of application. Assessment is required for Transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States for U.S. equivalency by a NACES educational credential evaluation service. This documentation is the responsibility of the applicant and must be included as part of your application materials. Failure to provide a transcript or credential evaluation report may result in the rejection of your application and you will not be continued in the search/selection process for this position announcement. If selected as the finalist for the position, official transcripts are required as a condition of employment.
Necessary Special Requirements:
Must submit to and successfully complete a pre-employment background check as a condition of hire. Felony convictions or conviction of crimes of moral turpitude or convictions of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from consideration for this position. Should your background check reveal any charges and convictions, it is your responsibility to provide RRCC Office of Human Resources with an official disposition of the charges.
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and/or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Red Rocks Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and/or participation in vocational education programs.
RRCC has designated Arnie Oudenhoven as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. Report all concerns or complaints relating to discrimination or harassment to the Title IX/EO Coordinator(s). For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven Executive Director, HR, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228, phone 303.914.6298, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources/Deputy Title IX Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228, phone 303.914.6224, email email@example.com.
You may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 844-3417.Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College Security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report, please contact 303.914.6494.