Child Care Licensing Specialist
Position Title - Child Care Licensing Specialist
Primary Work Location - 10280 W 55th Avenue Arvada, Colorado 80002
Salary - $47,476 - $48,000/annual
Starting Pay Rate - Starting salary is not negotiable
Anticipated Start Date - Fall 2019
FLSA Status - Exempt; this position is not eligible for overtime
Closing Date - Sunday September 29, 2019
Job Type - Full Time
Benefits: RRCC offers a range of benefit choices (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance, Supplemental Retirement Plans, PERA, Disability Benefits, and more). For additional information, please click here.
Retirement: The Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA) provides retirement and other benefits to employees of the State of Colorado.
- Annual/Personal Days: 22.5 (180 hours)
- Sick Days: 15 (120 hours)
(Over 12 months, based on full time appointment accruals)
- Administrative Leave for Academic and Volunteer Activities: (18 hours per fiscal year)
- Holidays Observed: 10
Four Holidays are observed on an alternate schedule (Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, and President’s Day). RRCC observes these holidays between Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, resulting in campus being closed from Christmas Day through New Year’s Day, with eligible employees on Holiday Leave!
- Jury Leave
- Military Leave
Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for a full time Child Care Licensing Specialist to join our Child Care Innovations team.
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness and welcome you to visit the RRCC Inclusion & Diversity webpage for additional information. Visit - https://www.rrcc.edu/about-us/our-mission and https://www.rrcc.edu/diversity for information.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Department Information & Mission:
Child Care Innovations is a department of Red Rocks Community College managing diverse funding provided by state, federal, county, private contracts, and fees. Child Care Innovations operates the Child Care Resource and Referral Agency, serving Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Douglas, Gilpin, Jefferson, and Park counties.
Through an Interagency Agreement with Colorado Department of Human Services, Child Care Innovations licenses facilities in Adams, Jefferson, Clear Creek, Gilpin, Larimer, and Weld counties.
Child Care Innovations' mission is to help improve quality, access, availability, and equity in early childhood services and supports. We do this through the provision of regulatory services, training and support for caregivers and early childhood professionals, advocacy, and innovative community partnerships that promote the importance of early childhood experiences and the connection to school readiness and the overall health of families and communities.
Summary of Position:
To assist in meeting deliverables of the contract for the provision of licensing services to child care facilities in accordance with rules and regulations established by the Colorado Child Care Licensing Act. This includes inspection, monitoring, and investigation activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services, Sociology, Psychology, Early Childhood, Social Work, or a closely related field.
- Three (3) years of experience working in a human services field in either a private or a public entity, which includes working in the group care of children or in childcare licensing, early childhood or related field.
- One year of related supervisory experience.
- Professional work experience in the group care of children, childcare licensing, or occupational field closely related to the work assignment which provided the same kind, amount, and level of knowledge acquired in the required education may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the bachelor’s degree.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on early childhood education or a related field.
- Current or previous license to operate a family childcare home or center.
- Five (5) years of experience working directly with children in a regulated child care facility.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive.
- Demonstrated documentation, verbal, and written communication skills. Knowledge of Colorado rules and regulations for childcare facilities.
- Knowledge of MS computer applications.
- Technical writing skills, knowledge of quality rating and improvement systems, and/or Early Childhood Environmental Rating Scales.
Description of Position:
- In accordance with established departmental policies and procedures, as well as State guidelines, visits facilities for the purposes of inspection and related applicant investigation of prospective facilities, inspection and monitoring of facilities as required for maintenance and continuation of license, as well as complaint investigations.
- Compiles all documentation required by the State for licensure. This includes completion and submission of typed reports of inspection in a manner prescribed by the State. Completes and submits department-required reports. Assists in preparing documentation and representation as needed for hearings related to childcare facilities.
- Disseminates information regarding the licensing process, the rules governing facilities, and the legal requirements for licensure. This may include community presentations, participation in meetings and events, submission of articles, and other duties as assigned.
How to Apply:
Complete applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday September 29, 2019. Click here to begin your application now!
- A cover letter describing your professional experiences and addressing the required and preferred qualifications.
- A resume.
- Transcripts (unofficial), if applicable
Additional upload sections are available in the application to include optional attachments.
Please note the following prior to beginning your application:
- Your application progress cannot be saved. If you exit prior to submitting your materials, you will need to restart the application.
- As a part of the application process, you will be asked to provide the name, phone number, and email address of three professional references. References will only be contacted for candidates at the second level interview stage.
- You will be required to attach a cover letter, resume, and transcripts. Your cover letter should describe your professional experiences and address the required and preferred qualifications.
- Once you submit your application, you will no longer have an opportunity to review or make changes.
- You will receive a confirmation email once your application has been received.
RRCC offers a range of benefit choices (Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, Life Insurance, Supplemental Retirement Plans, PERA, Disability Benefits, and more). For additional information, please click here, https://internal.cccs.edu/human-resources/employee-benefits/.
The Assessment Process:
Red Rocks Community College utilizes selection and/or search committees in the hiring process for vacant positions. The committee will review all applications received by the closing deadline listed on this announcement to determine if applicants meet required qualifications. The committee will complete a secondary review of applications that meet required qualifications to determine applicants that align more closely with the listed qualifications. The top applicants from this assessment process receive an invite for the first round of committee interviews.
Be sure your application materials specifically address your qualifications, experience, work products, and accomplishments, as they relate to the position responsibilities, required qualifications, and preferred qualifications sections of this announcement. Upload additional documents, if necessary, to fully explain your experience and qualifications as they relate to this position. Failure to include adequate information or follow instructions and apply by the listed submission deadline, may result in your application not being accepted for this position, and may affect your inclusion as a qualified candidate at any stage in the search/selection process for this position.
An unofficial copy of transcripts must be submitted at the time of application. Assessment is required for Transcripts from colleges or universities outside the United States for U.S. equivalency by a NACES educational credential evaluation service. This documentation is the responsibility of the applicant and must be included as part of your application materials. Failure to provide a transcript or credential evaluation report may result in the rejection of your application and you will not be continued in the search/selection process for this position announcement. If selected as the finalist for the position, official transcripts are required as a condition of employment.
Necessary Special Requirements:
Must submit to and successfully complete a pre-employment background check as a condition of hire. Felony convictions or conviction of crimes of moral turpitude or convictions of misdemeanors related to job duties may disqualify you from consideration for this position. Should your background check reveal any charges and convictions, it is your responsibility to provide RRCC Office of Human Resources with an official disposition of the charges.
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and/or 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. Red Rocks Community College will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and/or participation in vocational education programs.
RRCC has designated Arnie Oudenhoven as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. Report all concerns or complaints relating to discrimination or harassment to the Title IX/EO Coordinator(s). For information, contact Arnie Oudenhoven Executive Director, HR, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228, phone 303.914.6298, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Deborah Houser, Assistant Director of Human Resources/Deputy Title IX Coordinator, via mail at 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228, phone 303.914.6224, email email@example.com.
You may also contact the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Region VIII, Federal Office Building, 1244 North Speer Boulevard, Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204, telephone (303) 844-3417.Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College Security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report, please contact 303.914.6494.