Associate Dean of Instruction
Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for a full time Associate Dean of Instruction.
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. (See: http://www.rrcc.edu/diversity) We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Connect daily and make a difference in the lives of thousands of students working to earn an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or a Master’s degree at Red Rocks Community College (RRCC). RRCC has two campuses: our main campus in Lakewood, Colorado and our newly expanded campus in Arvada, Colorado. Red Rocks is Colorado’s premier community college and the fourth largest in the state, serving over 15,000 students each year. RRCC is the first community college in the nation to offer a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies and the first in Colorado to offer a Bachelor’s degree in Water Quality Management.
Position Summary: The Associate Dean of Instruction assists the Vice President of Instruction (VPI) in administering various instructional programs and acts as a liaison between the instructional divisions and the Vice President’s office. The position directs the college-based technical occupational programs, Perkins funding requests and administration, affiliation agreement coordination, concurrent enrollment programs, and the Colorado Community College System (CCCS) program approvals. This position also serves as the Career and Technical Education (CTE) Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in administration or instruction related emphasis
- One year of administrative or managerial experience, which is to include supervision of personnel and/or budgetary responsibilities, program coordination, and strategic planning
- Master’s degree in administration or instruction related emphasis
- Two year’s Career and Technical Education experience
- One year demonstrated administrative experience in a higher education institution/setting
- Membership in or experience working in diverse communities and supporting the success of students and staff from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in the College
- Experience with grant development and administration
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintains records, generate reports and communicate with others.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with varying levels of college staff, external agencies and organizations, and students from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to make timely decisions, to write effectively, and to provide quality customer service.
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Director: Responsible for working with CCCS on all aspects of CTE programs and providing support to all staff at RRCC involved in CTE areas. Coordinates educational program reviews with the college Deans and Department Chairs, ensuring that procedures are followed and documentation is submitted on time for programs requiring review by the State. This includes the revision and renewal of CTE programs including 5-year plan data and student retention/completion data to ensure they meet instructional goals and the mission of the college as well as Perkins funding completer targets. Acts as the contact person for RRCC program approvals. Works collaboratively with the CTE Advisor. Serves as the credentialing officer for RRCC and sits on the college Curriculum Committee. Works with Institutional Research to organize and implement the solicitation of VE-135 data. Manages the WIOA website and other duties as assigned.
- Carl Perkins Grant Administrator: Responsible for Perkins plan development, planning and allocation of funds. Verifies and approves purchase requisitions, personnel contracts, and workloads funded by Perkins. Coordinates the identification and development of short-and long-term strategic plans for the college CTE programs. Oversees the funded projects and completes the year-end analysis of the Perkins funding. Works collaboratively with the Grants Manager in Business Services.
- Concurrent Enrollment: Responsible for coordination of the concurrent enrollment program at RRCC and at secondary institutions in the RRCC service area. Serves as liaison with Deans, Department Chairs/Program Leads, and high school principals/instructors. Primary liaison with Warren Tech. Ensure quality and integrity of college curriculum with high school partners by developing, implementing, and enforcing policies and procedures that support College and Higher Learning Commission (HLC) standards.
- Responsible for FLAC processing and services of the Instructional Services support function. Participates in weekly Instructional Leadership Team meeting. Serves as the Affiliation Agreement coordinator. Offers instructional support to Deans, Department Chairs and Program Leads. Manages Associate Dean budget.
Starting salary: $73,994 - $83,243
To Apply – Complete applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday September 23, 2018. To apply for this position, please click the button below and complete an application including the following:
- A cover letter addressing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position
- A resume
- Contact information (email and phone number) for three references will be asked for in the application.
- Applications must be submitted electronically through Red Rocks Community College employment online: http://jobs.rrcc.edu
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at: http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report please contact 303.914.6494.