Adjunct Instructor - Physics - Red Rocks Community College
Adjunct Instructor – PHY
Red Rocks Community College, Lakewood, Colorado
Based on course ratio and credit hour – Standard rate: $1216.23/Credit Hour.
Position Responsibilities: This position is a part-time faculty appointment that performs instruction-related duties and responsibilities in the Physics Department at the College.
- Teach day, evening, and/or weekend, courses in accordance with approved course of study or outline utilizing traditional and alternative methods of instruction (including computer-aided, on-line, distance learning, self-paced, interdisciplinary, etc.) where appropriate.
- Coordinate class structure and organization, prepare course materials, demonstrate and maintain currency in the discipline and in teaching methodology, present instructional material effectively.
- Maintain professional and courteous interaction with students and employees, and demonstrate sensitivity to different learning styles.
- Document teaching and curriculum changes based on assessment results, incorporate course, program, and college student learning outcomes into teaching, utilize student retention strategies, integrate technology into course work as appropriate to the discipline.
- Review, coordinate, and recommend textbooks and/or class materials. Comply with college procedures pertaining to grading and record keeping.
- At least 18 graduate hours in physics or a related field from an academic institution accredited by an agency that is recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) or Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- One year of post-secondary experience teaching physics or related fields
- Proficiency in curriculum development, supervision, instruction, and evaluation.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to teach students using traditional and alternative methods of instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the classroom where appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- Graduate degree in physics or a related field. A strong commitment to effective teaching and interest in a variety of teaching strategies, including methods from current physics education research.
- Experience at the community college and an understanding of its philosophy, role and mission.
- Experience in program and curriculum development.
Click the link below to apply for this position!
For questions about this position, please contact Shane Spivey at Shane.email@example.com
For questions about employment with RRCC in general, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.914.6300
Notes on employment as an adjunct instructor: Adjunct instructors are employed on a ‘course to course’ basis and their employment is not contractually ensured. Adjunct instructors are required to establish and contribute to a Colorado Public Employees Retirement Account and they will not contribute to Social Security under this classification. Adjunct instructors are not permitted to teach more than 12 credit hours per semester at RRCC, and no more than 21 credit hours throughout the Colorado Community College System.