Adjunct Computer Technology Instructor - Red Rocks Community College
Position Announcement – Computer Technology Instructor
Red Rocks Community College
Red Rocks Community College is seeking a part time Computer Technology instructor!
Connect daily and make a difference in the lives of thousands of students working to earn an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or a Master’s degree at Red Rocks Community College (RRCC). RRCC has two campuses: our main campus in Lakewood, Colorado and our newly expanded campus in Arvada, Colorado. Red Rocks is Colorado’s premier community college and the fourth largest in the state, serving over 15,000 students each year. RRCC is the first community college in the nation to offer a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies and the first in Colorado to offer a Bachelor’s degree in Water Quality Management.
This position is located on the 140-acre, beautifully landscaped, Lakewood main campus, high in the foothills, with views looking along the Front Range to Boulder and beyond. Just minutes from downtown Denver, with dedicated RTD light-rail and bus stops, commuting is quick and easy. At Lakewood, RRCC offers employee access to an on-campus coffee shop and cafeteria, an on-campus children’s center, health clinic, recreational facilities, and in early 2017 will open a brand new 38,000 square foot recreation center, complete with climbing wall, a large gym with basketball courts, state of the art fitness equipment, and full locker rooms to make your transition back to work easy and efficient. RRCC also offers tuition assistance for full-time employees and most dependents, for classes within the 13-college, state-wide Colorado Community College System.
At RRCC we are committed to Inclusive Excellence. We strive to create a community in which everyone feels respected and valued for their unique talents and contributions, and where people from all backgrounds are able to achieve their goals. Red Rocks Community College acknowledges that inclusion and equity are multifaceted and complex concepts, and that our efforts in these areas will require innovation, intention, and an institutional commitment to these principles. To learn more about our commitment to Inclusive Excellence, visit https://www.rrcc.edu/diversity.
- Applicants must have a State of Colorado Vocational Credential in Information Technology or the ability to obtain such a credential prior to the second semester of employment.
- Bachelors or Higher Degree Applicants need to demonstrate 2000 hours within last 7 years of industry experience in related IT field (2 years full time equates to approximately 2000 hours)
- The ability to teach a range of Computer related fields (Computer Science / Programming, Game Development, Mobile App Development, Web Development, Computer System Analyst, Database Administration, Applications and / or Networking)
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Networking, Cyber Security, or a related major,
Candidate should have:
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to teach students using traditional and alternative methods of instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate technology into the classroom.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to teach cross platform using several operating systems and/or virtual machines.
- Current industry and vendor certifications (Comptia: Linux, Microsoft, Oracle)
Payment is based on the credit hour/contact hour and class ratio as assigned to you by the department chair. RRCC starts at $787.20/credit hour.
For questions about the position, please contact Julie Schneider at Julie.email@example.com
For questions about adjunct employment in general, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 303.914.6300.
Position will remain open until filled.
Click the link below to apply for this position.