Red Rocks Community College seeks applications for a full time Access Librarian to join our Instructional Services team!
Red Rocks Community College exemplifies extraordinary. We are dedicated to our Vision and Mission, which promote student achievement, staff empowerment, and community engagement. We live our values: Integrity, Collaboration, Learning, Inclusiveness, and Communication. (See: http://www.rrcc.edu/diversity) We encourage applications from individuals whose background and interests align with our commitment to inclusiveness.
With an unrivaled reputation grounded in our Values, we stand out as a cutting edge model in higher education. We are one of the first community colleges in the country to offer both Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programs. Our continued pursuit of excellence is instilled in our employees and has inspired a dynamic and passionate culture.
Connect daily and make a difference in the lives of thousands of students working to earn an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or a Master’s degree at Red Rocks Community College (RRCC). RRCC has two campuses: our main campus in Lakewood, Colorado and our newly expanded campus in Arvada, Colorado. Red Rocks is Colorado’s premier community college and the fourth largest in the state, serving over 15,000 students each year. RRCC is the first community college in the nation to offer a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant studies and the first in Colorado to offer a Bachelor’s degree in Water Quality Management.
Position Summary: This position exists to manage the essential functions of the Library Access Desk, including supervising student library assistants, and managing the library’s electronic resources.
- Master’s Degree in Library Science or Library & Information Science from an ALA-accredited school
- One year supervisory experience including evaluation, training and support.
- One year experience hiring, training and supervising student employees
- One year experience managing course reserves
- One year Circulation experience in a library
- One year Reference experience in an academic library
- Membership in or experience working in diverse communities and supporting the success of students and staff from racial, ethnic, and gender backgrounds that are underrepresented in the College
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make a good impression, handle questions in a timely manner, communicate effectively, problem solve and follow up on requests for service with library patrons and College employees.
- Knowledge of contemporary best practices in academic libraries
Description of Position:
- Manage Access Desk: Writes, revises, and implements circulation policies and procedures. Manages course reserves textbook service. Maintains the collection of electronic equipment provided for checkout, including laptops, tablets, and calculators. Maintains student, faculty, and staff library accounts and data that provide access to resources as well as library-specific data in the college accounting system. Collaborates with campus IT to ensure public computers, printing, and other services are working smoothly. Hires, trains, schedules, and supervises 10-12 student library assistants.
- Electronic Resource Management: Coordinates negotiation, purchase, and continued subscription of electronic resources. Liaises with faculty to ensure electronic content coverage in all areas of the curriculum. Communicates with consortia and vendors to negotiate pricing and to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- Public Services: Provides reference in-person and virtually to the campus community. Responsible for reference services one evening per week and one Saturday per month. Provides access desk coverage when necessary. Creates user-centered web content related to major job duties for the library’s web presence.
- Service to Team & College: Participates in the planning and development of library operations and coordination of services, including pursuing professional development opportunities related to major job duty areas. Collects, analyzes, and synthesizes data and statistics in major job duty areas to set and measure personal and team goals. Represents the library at campus events by serving on committees and in other official groups.
Starting salary: $47,274/annual
How to Apply:
Complete applications must be received by 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday January 01, 2019. To apply for this position, click the button below and complete an application, including the following:
- A cover letter (specially addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications for this position)
- A resume
- You will be asked for the contact information (email and phone number) for three professional references in the application
Note: Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinary terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this within your application materials.
Red Rocks Community College is committed to diversity in its people and programs. The College is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex/gender, sexual orientation gender identity, religion, age, national/ ethnic origin, pregnancy status, veteran’s status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by applicable law, in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
RRCC has designated the Executive Director of Human Resources as its Affirmative Action Officer/Equal Opportunity Administrator/Title IX Administrator with the responsibility to coordinate its civil rights compliance activities and grievance procedures. For information, contact Executive Director of Human Resources, Title IX Coordinator, Title VII/Equal Opportunity Coordinator, ADA/Sec 504 Coordinator, 13300 West Sixth Avenue, Lakewood, CO 80228. 303-914-6298.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided upon request for persons with disabilities. If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to participate in the application process, please notify Human Resources at 303-914-6570.
RRCC conducts pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
For information regarding Red Rocks Community College security, including crime statistics for the Red Rocks Community College Lakewood and Arvada campuses, please see the Red Rocks Community College campus security website at: http://www.rrcc.edu/police/. For a hard copy report please contact 303.914.6494.